Chapter Three - Granny Lilah's

"Come on Amity. We need to get going," Jana called down the hall, eyeing her husband who was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper.

Amity came in, lugging her suitcases behind her, her long blonde hair hanging around her shoulders. "Mom, do I have to?"

Brady Marra looked up from his newspaper and looked his daughter in the eyes. "Don't speak in that tone, Amity Marra."

Amity looked at her toes and mumbled, "Yes, Father."

He nodded and looked back at his newspaper, showing the end of the discussion.

"Come on, Amity. We should get going or we'll be behind schedule."

Amity followed her mom out the door, and handed her bags to her mom before getting into the passenger side of the car. Once the bags were in the trunk and her mom was in the car, they were heading towards the highway.

* * * * * * * * * *

When they pulled up in front of the mansion Amity remembered vividly in all of her earliest memories, she got a lump of. . .fear. . .in her throat.

Swallowing it down, she unbuckled her seatbelt and slowly got out of the car. "Mom, are you sure this is right?"

Jana nodded. "Besides. You love Granny Lilah."

As if on cue, an elderly woman in her sixties came down the steps of the mansion and came over to the two girls. "My darling!"

"Hello, Mother," Jana said, hugging the woman tightly, before gesturing to her daughter. "You remember Amity?"

"Oh, well who could forget her? My little granddaughter. . ."

"Isn't so little anymore," Amity interrupted her.

"Of course not! And how old are you now?"

Amity was starting to get frustrated at this, so she said, "Fifteen. I am fifteen. It is nice to see you, Granny Lilah."

"Oh, no, please, call me Grandma." She then looked at Jana and smiled. "A little snarky isn't she?"

"Yeah, she kinda woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Amity rolled her eyes. "May I please be shown my room?"

Lilah startled, but soon ushered the girls up the stairs and into the Living Room. "I already decorated your room dear, I hope you like what I've done. . ."

"Oh Mother, I'm sure she'll love it. Won't you, Amity?"

"Sure, whatever."