Chapter Eight - Tour

After a night of no sleep what-so-ever, Amity stumbled down the stairs to breakfast with her grandma.

She walked into the Dining Room, and looked in at Lilah, who was sitting at the table, hands folded on front of her.

Amity entered the room and spoke up. "Good morning, Grandma."

"Good morning angel. Did you sleep well?"

Amity sat down and sighed. "Sure. I did. Truly."

"Positive?"

Amity nodded. "Of course."

* * * * * * * * * *

"So," Lilah began, leading the way along the main floor. "The main floor isn't all too special. Just a Foyer, the Kitchens, the Living Room, and of course, the Dining Room.

"Breakfast is served whenever every member of the household is awake, so technically whenever you get up."

"Oh, so that's why I'm always on time."

Lilah nodded. "And lunch is around noon. Dinner, depends on the season, since I normally like to eat around the time it gets dark."

Amity was silent, she just gave her grandmother the attention she deserved.

Lila smiled and continued the tour, leading upstairs to the second floor. " Then this floor is reserved for the servants of the household."

Amity nodded in understanding.

Lilah pointed at the doors at eye level. "On each door reads the servant's name that is inside. You see, I'm getting on in years, and I can't remember where all ten of my servant's rooms are."

"So do they also have curfews too?"

"Don't worry what they can and can't do, okay?"

Amity nodded again as they went upstairs to where their two rooms were.

"Then here we are in familiar. . .territory." The way Lilah said the word 'territory', made Amity shudder. "Also, in my bedroom, there is a ladder to the attic. Maybe someday I'll show you up there."

"Why not now?"

"Because you aren't eighteen yet."

"Um. . .okay?"