Chapter Twenty-two - Back

"So, have you been thinking?" Lilah asked Amity at breakfast the next day.

She sighed and sat her fork down on her eggs. "Grandma, I love you, but right now, I can't think about that. Trust me when I say that I'm wanting to make you happy, but. . .I feel a little homesick, and am tired and have a headache, and just want to think about it a little more. Please?"

Lilah sighed. "Sure. Just. . .please keep thinking, baby. I really, really want to go get him, Grandma and granddaughter."

Amity nodded and silently excused herself when her phone pinged from beside her plate.

From Derek: I'm back, just got to my room, you still eating breakfast?

To Derek: Nope. Heading your way now.

"Grandma, I'm gonna go to my room and think. I'll see you around. Okay?"

Lilah sighed, but nodded.

"Thanks, Grandma." Amity walked over to Lilah, who was dressed in a gray business suit jacket and tight knee length skirt, and kissed her on the cheek.

Still being in her white, silky nightgown, Amity was more than quick to stand up and make her say out if the Dining Room. "Thanks Grandma."

She then climbed the steps two at a time, before suddenly stopping and looking at her phone, which lit up with a new notification.

From Derek: You coming, Am?"

To Derek: Am? Since when did you decide to call me that?

From Derek: Shut up and answer my initial question.

To Derek: Yes, I'm coming. Gotta get dressed first.

From Derek: What you wearing?

Amity laughed, halfway up the stairs to the second level, and shoot her head.
To Derek: Why do you wanna know?

From Derek: Because I do.

To Derek: A nightgown???

From Derek: Come on inside my room.

To Derek: DEREK!!!

From Derek: Hey, you've worn less when you've come to see me.

To Derek: I'm gonna get dressed.

From Derek: Can I join???

Amity didn't answer that. She just made her way to her room and shut her door to get dressed.

* * * * * * * * * *

Five minutes after she threw on a yellow half-sleeved shirt and light blue skinny jeans, Amity gently knocked on Derek's bedroom door.

He opened it, smirking. But it soon faded when he saw that Amity was fully-clothed.

"Crap. You really did get dressed," he fake pouted.

Amity just smiled and was let into his room. "So, what did you have to do for my grandmother?"

"Oh. . .she. . .um, do you really wanna know?"

She made her way to Derek's bed and sat down on it, shrugging. "Dunno. Do I?"

He took, shrugged. "Maybe."

"You can tell me, I guess."

Derek sat beside her, and sighed. "So, you know that Lilah doesn't know you're a werewolf, right?"

Amity nodded. "And I can't tell her, because even though I'm her granddaughter, because she wouldn't hesitate to kill me with a silver bullet."

Derek burst into laughter, but soon grew serious, before continuing to tell Amity what he needed to.