Chapter Six - Dinner

Around six, Amity made her way down the stairs to the Dining Room, which was just off the Living Room.

Inside was Lilah, who was sitting at the head of the table, looking pleased as she saw Amity enter the room. "Oh darling, you made it! Take a seat at the end down there."

Amity looked where her grandma was pointing, and saw that she had to sit at the end opposite her grandma.

She sat down and looked down at her hands in her lap.

"So," Lilah began. "How have you been, dear?"

Amity shrugged. "Fine, I guess."

"Just fine?"

Amity changed the subject. "So Derek said you'd tell me my curfew?"

"Ah, indeed. Well, I'd like you to be in bed by midnight. Ten would be better, but I can't expect that every night, can I?"

"Meaning?" Amity was confused.

"Well, you're a teenage girl, and there's a cute boy in the same house who you have absolutely no relation with other than he working for me. . ."

Amity blushed bright red. "Grandma, please."

Lilah laughed. "Oh dear, I have missed you entirely too much."

"I missed you too, Grandma."

* * * * * * * * * *

When dinner was over, Amity went back to her room, with Lilah right on her heels. "How would you like a tour of the place? Since you haven't been here in forever?"

"Um. . .can't it wait? It's getting late, and I'd like to finish unpacking and shower. Mom also said to text her once I'm settled. . ."

"Oh, then tomorrow. I have a meeting, but I'll have Derek show you around. Okay?"

Amity nodded and watched her grandma leave the room, before she grabbed her phone and sent her mom a text.

From Amity: I'm still not a fan, but I won't hate you. I'll hate Father.

Her mom replied quickly.

From Jana: AMITY!

From Amity: Ok, ok. Jk.

She put away her phone and pulled back the pink curtain, looking at the Full Moon outside.

Yeah, She thought. I'm still not a fan. Though Derek is pretty cute.