Chapter Twelve - A Hunter

The wolf - Derek, looked at Amity with his beautiful eyes, and nodded.

She gasped at the way he could be an animal and still understand her words. She just stared at him, making Derek sat on the floor in front of her.

Amity smiled and gently reached her hand up, feeling his velvety ears. "This is incredible. Does my grandma know?"

The wolf shook his head, before gently laying down and putting his head on her knee.

She looked at him quzzingly. "What are you doing?"

He lifted his head and licked her face, touching both her lips and nose with his tongue, causing Amity to gasp.

Looking sheepish as Amity stood up, he put his fuzzy forehead to her stomach and pushed her backwards until she was sitting on the bed.

He then backed up and changed back into human form.

Amity was still speechless when she was the very human Derek standing before her, blushing bright pink.

She looked at the floor, not sure how to approach the situation.

Finally he did something. Derek cleared his throat and sat down beside her on the bed. "I'm sorry. . .that was. . .uncalled for."

Amity shrugged, but seemed amused. "Can you shift into other animals?"

He nodded. "I can shift into any mammal, and a few others like birds."

She nodded, and swallowed. "So why did you show me the attic? And ask me if I believe in the supernatural?"

"Because your grandmother. . .hold on."

Derek quickly shifted back into the wolf and his ears twitched as he listened.

He shook his head and changed back, Amity making sure to keep her distance from him.

Back as a human yet again, he finished his sentence. "Your grandmother is a werewolf hunter. And the family business is werewolf hunting.