Chapter Eleven - His secret

Derek, obviously pleased, climbed a few rungs of the ladder, before turning back to Amity. "You still coming?"

She nodded. "Just waiting for you climb up."

He shrugged and climbed up, disappearing into the attic before his head reappeared in the hole.

With a sigh, she began to climb. The whole time Derek watched her with a smirk.

When Amity went to climb through the hole to enter the attic, Derek grabbed her hands and lifted her up more, until he could grab her biceps. He then lifted her into the attic.

Amity felt a weird sensation run through her body as his hot hands grip her arms.

He took one look at her and let go of her arms, allowing Amity to look around the room.

"This is really creepy."

Derek nodded and kept his eyes on Amity, not looking around the room like she was.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

He just nodded again before he asked her, "Who's mom is Lilah?"

"My dad's. He takes after my grandfather."

"And what does your dad do?"

"What do you mean? He works with credentialing."

"Did he ever tell you about the family business?"

"No. . .why?"

Derek sighed and answered her with another question. "Amity, do. . .do you believe in the. . .supernatural?"

"Um. . .why?"

"It's a simple question."

"As in vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches, and shape shifters?"

Derek nodded. "Do you?"

Amity was hesitant. "I. . .don't know. Should I?"

He shrugged. "Maybe."

"Are they real?"

"Yep."

"I don't believe you."

"Do you need proof?"

She shrugged, then nodded.

He sighed and looked around his his hands in his pockets. "Do you want me to show you up here, or in your bedroom?"

She swallowed. "Show me what exactly?"

Derek grabbed her hand and started down the ladder, tugging her with ease,  behind him.

They went to Amity's bedroom, and Derek closed the door. "What's your favorite animal?"

"Why?"

He gave her a pointed look. Don't ask questions, just answer me. Please.

"Well. . .I've always liked wolves."

"Then stand back."

She backed up and sat on her bed as Derek took a deep breath and electric bubbles formed around him.

The popped and crackled and soon, standing where Derek had been moments earlier, was a brown haired wolf with. . .Amity gasped. Green eyes.

She slowly stood, not at all scared. It was as if this was her norm, even while it blew her mind. "Derek?"

The wolf's tongue lolled out of its mouth at the sound of its name.

"That's really you?"

The wolf walked forward and bumped its head on her hip.

She stroked his head and knelt down in front of him, cupping his fuzzy cheeks in her hands.

"This is so weird," She gasped, searching his eyes. "And it's really you, too."