Eight

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

Sheer panic. I could feel anxiety running throughout my entire body. The dreaded day of my surgery had finally arrived. I wake to the sound of voices talking in the kitchen.
Furrowing my eyebrows, I grab my phone blinking away some blurriness before focusing in on the time.
06:54.

I can feel my stomach churning the longer I'm awake and aware of what was going to happen today. "Let me just wake her up, give me a second" I hear my mums voice speak in a low tone as she nears my door. With the turn of the door nob, she opens it popping her head inside.

"Oh good you're awake, Harry's here" she softly smiles at me. "Okay I'll be out in a few" I speak with sleep still present in my voice. "Okay don't take too long we need to leave here by 7:30" she tells me.

After she shuts the door, I slowly begin to get up and make my way to my bathroom.

I stare blankly at my toothbrush for a few seconds from being so tired and filled with anxiety before I snap out of it and grab it putting toothpaste on it and brushing my teeth with it.

After I finish up in the bathroom, I head to my wardrobe pinking out Brandy Melville sweat pants and a random maroon shirt.

Because I was going to the hospital where I would be wearing a hospital gown and not know what's going on most of the time, I couldn't care less about what I was wearing.

"Morning" I say as I walk into my mum, dad and Harry's conversation. "Morning" they all say at the same time. "You have everything you want to bring with you like your iPad and chargers?"

My dad asks as he's pouring a fresh cup of coffee from the pot. "Yeah it's in my room all ready to go" I breathe out. "I'll go get it" I turn to head back to my room.

"I'll go with you" Harry says. I nod my head and lead us back into my room. "You repainted your walls" he looks around at all the changes to my room. "Well it has been ten years" I lightly laugh.

"I guess you're right" he laughs with me. "How are you feeling" the tone of his voice immediately changes forcing the atmosphere around us to change.

"Honestly?" I ask. I take a seat on my bed and stare up at him. "Honestly" he says. "I feel really nervous and scared. Not knowing how today is going to go is so scary to me" I breathe out.

"Hey" he calmly says sitting down on my bed next me. "You're going to be okay, it's going to be over before you know it" he rubs my back soothingly making me slightly calm down but not enough to fully stop all my pent up anxiety.

"It's not just the surgery I'm worried about it's the recovery I'm so worried about? They say it will only be a week but what if it's more?" I whisper on the verge of tear. "Then we'll get through all those weeks together, your parents and I will be here for you through it all. You're gonna be all taken care of" he continues to rub my back.

"Thank you" I mumble leaning my head on his shoulder. He leans his head on mine squeezing me a little tighter to his body.
"You're a strong girl, you got this Lillie".

𑁍

"What are we watching?" Harry takes the earplug from my hand and putting it in his ear.

"Umm something happy like... oh I know what we can watch!" I whisper yell at the end.

I go onto the Disney + app and search for the movie I was looking for. "High school musical senior year, well if that's what you want to watch" he reluctantly says.

"You don't like it do you?" I tilt my head up to him and smirk.

"Lillie I'm a twenty five year old man" he says as if that's a solid reason to not like high school musical.