Thirty 𝚙𝚝 𝚕

A/n: hi everyone, before I start this next chapter I just want to say a massive thank you for 4k reads and over 100 votes. It means a lot that this book is still continue to grow. With that said, I just want to explain why my updates haven't been so persistent. For the past month I've been dealing with some health concerns and am in the process of finding out what's going on with me and finding a diagnosis. I hope you all understand. I haven't been feeling up to writing because of how I've been feeling. I've been trying to get this chapter done for the past few weeks or so. Hopefully I'll be back on my normal writing track soon! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, I tried to make it as light hearted and fun as I could and I hope it brings you a few laughs maybe. Remember to vote/ comment if you liked it! Xx

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝚙𝚝 𝚕

Flashback - 2009

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Little eight year old Lillie asks Harry.
The question had come out of nowhere. It was childhood curiosity. Lillie was always asking little questions out of the blue but nothing ever of this context. It definitely took Harry by surprise. Pausing a moment to think of an answer that she could understand.

"I think so, it's kind of something you have to see for yourself to know if you believe or not," Harry settled on saying. He watched her as she had a deep look of concentration on her face. The gears moving inside her head as she took in this information.

"Have you ever seen a ghost?" She questions as she tilts her head a bit. Harry shakes his head before meeting her clouded eyes that are due from her eye complications. "I haven't no. Have you?" Harry nudges Lillie a bit, asking her the question she just asked him. "No, but I wouldn't be scared if I did," a fit of giggles escape her. Harry raises a eyebrow. Usually little kids are scared of the paranormal and she clearly stated she's not scared of it.
"You're a crazy girl," Harry plants a kiss to the crown of her head. A closed lip smile appearing on his face afterwards.

—————-
Present time.
Harry.

"Can we stop to get some snacks on the way?" My friend Alice's voice is heard from the backseat. "Ohh yes snacks we need those for this adventure," Lillie excitedly pipes up. "I suppose we can get some," I reply, as i glance in the rear view mirror before returning my gaze back onto the road. "There's a grocery store near the ship," my other friend Kevin speaks up. "Oh is there? Could you pull up the directions so I can follow it?" I ask. He nods before taking his phone out, pulling up the address on maps and setting it up so I have a clear view of the map in front of me to follow the directions there.

It was really nice seeing my girlfriend getting along with my friends so well so quickly. Her and Alice clicked instantly. Their silent giggles and showing each other different TikToks proving that. We all had decided to pile into my Range Rover suv, we figured it would be more convenient if we just went there all together since it was a little bit of a drive.

Once inside the grocery store, we split up. Kevin and Alice grabbing a trolly and taking off down the isles and lils and I taking another. "You wanna sit inside of it and I'll push you?" I ask her once I've cleaned down the cart and throwing away the wipe.
"Can I?!" She says as her face lights up. I nod my head and help her safely get inside of it, holding her waist from behind to make sure she doesn't fall back.

The grocery store was in a small California community. There weren't many people in it which I was grateful for. "Alright what kind of snacks do you want, baby?" I ask as I push us down a random isle. She puts her phone down and looks up at the surroundings. She hums as she thinks of her options in deep concentration.