Ten

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉
𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗆

"Alright, it's time" the doctor dressed in ugly green coloured scrubs gives me a knowing smile. "I guess" I start to tear up.

It was happening and it was happening now. The fact that I'd be out cold within a few minutes start giving me anxiety.

I look around at everyone, my parents and Harry trying to soak in everything. Who knows if I'll be able to see anything after this is over.

"Do you want me to hold your hand as we walk down there with you?" Harry asks as he wipes some tears under my eyes. "Mhm" I nod my head. "Okay" he whispers.

As my bed is being wheeled down the hallway, I try to distract myself the best I could with the rings on Harry's hand I was holding. Twisting and turning them anxiously which he surprisingly didn't find annoying.

As the surgical room comes into view, I let a shaky breathe out which didn't go unnoticed to Harry and he squeezes my hand in his.

"I'll give you all a few moments to say goodbye" The doctor says when my bed gets stopped right in front of the door.
He steps away from us all as my mum come forward standing beside Harry who I refused to let go of.

"We'll see see you on the other side sweetie it will be over before you know it Okay? We love you" my Mum's sad sympathetic eyes bore down into mine. 

"I love you too mum, dad" the tears start to come out again. Harry quickly wiping them making my attention to turn to him. "I love you Lillie I can't wait to see you when you're out" he smiles down at me making me return a sad smile to him.

And in the weirdest time of all, I felt the foreign fuzzy feeling in my stomach when he said "I love you".
"I love you too" I whisper.

He gives my hand one last squeeze and that's the last thing I remember before being wheeled into the room and the mask being placed on my mouth and nose knocking me out for the next few hours.

It's been over 24 hours since all the events with my surgery began. After I woke back up after it was over, I awoke no sight due to the protective plastic shield over my eye blocking out my vision.

When we arrived home, it was well past 3 pm. After having my first meal of the day, I went right to sleep. I felt terrible, loopy and completely out of it.

Harry wasn't allowed to sleep in my bed with me so the compromise was placing the mattress from the other room on the floor next to my bed.

"Hey I brought you dinner" I feel a hand on my arm softly shaking me to wake up. "Where am I?" It was hard to be aware of what was going on around me while the drugs wore off and especially awakening from a nap had confused me too.

"You're at home in your bed" the voice softly says immediately comforting me. "What- how long have I been home for?" I continued to ask more questions.

"About 4 hours" now that I was a little more awake, I was able to identify the voice as Harry. "Here, I brought you some soup" Harry grabs my hand and helps guide it to the bowl for me to grab.

"Do you want me to help you?" He asks as I struggle to meet the spoon with my mouth due to not having any vision. "Yes please" I let out a frustrated sigh.

I feel the bed dip indicating he had sat on my bed next to me. He takes the spoon from my hand and I open my mouth for him to place the food into.