Twenty one

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

I hated it. I had been going to the group and individual therapy sessions ever since I got discharged from the hospital. They weren't fun nor glamorous by any means. They were long and draining. Having to hear other people's stories that make your heart clench at what they went through and then to have to share your own story and answer ridiculous questions was mentally draining.

"Hey," I answer the FaceTime call.
"Why are you sitting in the dark?" Harry immediately asks. His eye brows furrowed in confusion.

"Because my soul is dark," I try to keep a straight face but end up cracking up laughing making Harry shake his head with a small smile on his face.

"Aren't you just so funny"

"I'm a comedian what can I say?"

"Turn the light on, I wanna see your beautiful face," Harry pouts.

"Nooo," Pouting, I hide my face away from the screen so he really can't see it.

Things with Harry have been really well. We're getting to get to know each other more and more and form a bond together. On the last night of me being in that god awful hospital, we were up late talking because I just couldn't get to sleep when the discussion of Harry wanting to kiss me at the right time came up. We ended up confessing our feelings for each other too. It was unexpected. The way he told me had tears falling out of my eyes but for the first time in a long time, they were happy tears.

I told him the moment I realised I had actual feelings for him and tried to push them away because I felt embarrassed and insecure about the feelings. He's nearly eight years older than me. There would be no possible way he could like me. He laughed at this and told me how he felt the same way about me, he thought I wouldn't have feelings for him because he was older. It was a sweet meaningful night. It felt like a weight was being lifted off of my shoulders now that we were on the same page. It felt good.

"Yesss," he mocks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Because I love you so much. I'll turn on a light," I roll my eyes finally giving in. I lift my duvet cover and get out of bed to turn my lamp on.

"Better?" I ask as I hop back into bed.

"Much," he nods his head up and down.

"You're so gorgeous. And I'm not just talking about appearance. I mean on the inside too. I just want you to know that, and I'll always be here to remind you of that."

"You are too Harry. You have no idea how many lives you've impacted in a positive way. You're one of a kind and I'm so lucky to have you in life like this. You're heart is so so big. I can't even put it into words. You're truly the best role model I've ever had and no, I will never shut up about it because it's the gods honest truth."

I watch him as I speak the words from my heart and see his smile only grow bigger and bigger which each word that comes from me.

"I love you," he whispers with so much emotion laced in the three words.

"I love you too."

There's a pause before we start up another conversation that's more lighthearted. He tells me some terrible jokes that make me laugh and that feeds his ego. He thinks he's such a comedian.