Thirty two

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
________

"Hi! Come in!"

Elton John had the most gorgeous and luxurious house I'd ever seen. As soon as our car had stopped in front of his house, the reality settled in that this was happening. I squeezed Harry's hand slightly as Elton moved to the side of the door to allow us to enter. I looked around in awe before turning my gaze back to Elton to give him a warm smile.

His friendly greeting immediately sent a bit of ease through me, the worry of what he would be like in his own home dissolving.

"How are you?" Harry asks as we follow Elton further into his home- or should I say, mansion. The walls were all covered in unique framed art, some walls not a bit of dry wall showing.

I kept my left hand close to me as we walked repeating over and over again in my head, don't touch anything everything in here cost more than your life.

"David, our guests are here." David turns around from the stovetop that he's cooking on, the aroma smelling absolutely amazing. "Hey guys, how are you?" David's eyes bounce between both Harry and I as he asks the question. Elton gestures for us to take a seat at the bar top and we both sit down before Harry goes to respond. "We're doing good, again, thank you both for coming to my show the other night, I really appreciated it."

-

When the food was finally done cooking, we all sat down in their spacious dining room. The long table was a beautiful medium brown coloured wood with a white decorative table runner with a small plant - which I couldn't tell was fake or not - planted directly in the middle of the table.

As we ate the mashed potatoes covered with gravy with cooked chicken, the clinking of utensils was heard in between small talk. It wasn't until everyone finished that we started having more of a conversation.

As their maids came around to take our empty plates I had another moment of oh my god, I really am here. When Elton started asking questions I tuned back in and responded to ones asked to me.

"You guys live together now?"

I clear my throat and nod my head, "yeah, I erm," I pause to collect my thoughts and think of how I want to word what I'm about to talk about next. "I was dealing with a lot of pent up anxiety and depression and I... I uh tried to kill myself," I pause again to take a deep breath. I absolutely hated admitting to what I tried to do to myself, saying it out loud made it feel real like it was actually something I really did. I feel Harry take my hand in his rubbing his thumb on my skin comforting.

"Anyways... I ended up in hospital, Harry came to see me as soon as he could get there because he had to drive from London and basically my parents thought since Harry was back in my life again it would be acceptable for them to give up parenting me and let Harry take care of me. They told me they wanted to deal with me and my "issues" anymore so they kicked me out."

I didn't look at anyone as I spoke, only looking down at the wooden table in front of me, I look up slowly to see the look of mixed emotions on both David and Elton's faces. Shock, sadness, and anger.

"Did you see it coming at all? Or did they just want you gone out of nowhere?" David asks.

I look to Harry with pleading eyes to answer the questions as I didn't want to. I hated talking about this. They're my parents. My parents who loved me for my entire life and were always there for me. What could I have possibly done to be treated so coldly so suddenly?