Fifteen

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Upon waking up the following morning, I feel a weight I didn't even know was there lifted off of my shoulders. The sun peaking in through my dark curtains tells me it's time to get up. Today, I was heading back to the studio to continue the work on my second album and also apologise to everyone there too.

I realise that this might not be easy and I may have some slip ups. No person can just quit and resume to a perfect normal life. This was addiction and depression. I understand that I may find it hard to resist to the temptations whenever I feel down or anxious. For an entire year it's what I have been relying on to drowned out my problems and this will be a journey for me. A journey of recovery.

With these thoughts, I throw the sheets off of me and get out of bed stretching my limbs out to shake away the sleep.
I make my way downstairs and immediately start a fresh pot of coffee. As I wait for my coffee to be finished, I grab my phone off the marble counter and check for any notifications I had missed during the night.

As I'm reading a message about a request for a radio show, a incoming call comes across my entire screen.

𝙄𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡: 𝙇𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝘼𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙙.

"Hey" I answer the phone. "Hey! Good morning. I was just calling to see how things have been going since you've got back home." Her voice was happy which I hadn't heard much of recently. It put a smile onto my face thinking about her progress as well.

"Yeah things are going great. I saw Sarah and Mitch yesterday, I'm going into the studio today to work on the album some more." Lying to her is something I could never find it in me to do to her. So I settle on giving her a summer up version of my doings since I've left her house on Thursday.

"Ooooh really?! That's so exciting! I can't wait for the next album." Her voice suddenly becomes excited making me chuckle. My coffee pot beeps, indicating my coffee is ready. With my phone pressed between my shoulder and face, I round the island to the cupboard I keep my coffee cups in and grab a mug I got from the Late, Late show.

Taking the freshly brewed coffee in the pot, I pour a hot cup of it into my mug and test the temperature before fully sipping from it. 𝘖𝘩 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥. I think to myself. Nearly forgetting Lillie on the phone for a second there.

"Say that again? Sorry I was taking my first sip of coffee." I ask Lillie to repeat the words she just said. "Of course you were" she laughs, "when's the album coming out? I'm dying to hear the songs" she puts emphasis on dying to describe how badly she wants to hear new songs.

With this knowledge, I decide to bring her more misery by answering the question the way I would in interviews. "Not quite sure, possibly sometime before the end of this year. It's hard to tell right now. But at some point it will." A smirk takes over my lips as I hear a frustrated scream come from the other line.

"Harry- I swear to godI- I'm not a fucking journalists. I'm not interviewing you don't weave through the answer oh my goddd." I burst into a fit of laughter. "Sorry, saw the opportunity to tease you and I went for it." I shrug despite her not being able to see it.

"I can't see it but I know you're smirking, you think you're sooo smug don't you?" Her voiced dripping in sarcasm makes me burst into giggles and tiny snorts. She just knows how to make me laugh.