0.2 - records.

pulling into the parking spot, i quickly shut off my car. i grabbed my phone off of the passenger seat, snapchatting stas and then athen. i got out of the car and walked into the record store. it was on the other side of town and i had never been before.

"hey." the grungey boy at the counter said to me, a hozier song quietly humming through the speakers.

"hi," i brightly smiled to him, immediately looking at the As.

"hey, princess. weird seeing you here." i heard from behind me. i smiled to myself before turning around to look at him.

"hey barney." i smiled. "you work here?" i asked, looking at his name tag. he was wearing a black nirvana shirt and a pair of black jeans. he honestly was an attractive boy. he looked like your typical badass. always wearing black, listening to grunge music, smoking. that wasn't my type. but i couldn't lie that he is hot.

"i do work here. you listen records?" he asked me, a fake shocked expression upon his face. i rolled my eyes and giggled.

"don't act so surprised. my collection is quite large." i told him, moving hair out of my face.

"i just thought you'd be one of those girls that claims digital is better." he said, holding his hands up in surrender, making me laugh a little. "is pink your favorite color?" he asked me, out of the blue.

"it is... why?" i laughed.

"on the many occasions that we've seen each other, you've been wearing pink. and it's not like your car is a giveaway." he chuckled.

"do you like pink?" i asked him.

"i do. it makes me think of innocence." he said, biting his lip slightly, making me mentally groan. "anyways, do you need help with anything?" he asked me, looking back to the records.

"no. do you wanna play a game?" i asked him.

"what kind of game?" he smirked.

"not like that." i laughed. "you pick out two albums for me, and i'll pick two for you."

"deal." he said.

"i'll pay for them as well." i told him.

"i think i can manage two records." he laughed.

"my idea, my treat." i told him.

"it'll be on the house." he said.

"no, no, no. i'll pay for them." i insisted to the boy in front of me.

"i get all of my records for free. i promise it's okay." he told me.

"fine." i huffed. "let the digging begin." i smiled, immediately going to the S- section. harry styles. i knew colby would never pick this on his own but he needed to hear "from the dining table."

the store carried both harry styles albums; fine line and his self titled vinyl... i chose the self titled one because i had a feeling he would vibe with it more. i noticed him at the Ks. i moved down to the F section. fleetwood mac. a personal favorite. i was debating between rumours and their self titled album. seeing as the chain is my favorite song, i ended up picking rumours.

"are you done?" he asked me from the other end of the row.

"yep." i smiled, walking closer to him. "fleetwood mac rumours. are you familiar with it?" i asked him.

"i know few songs. i didn't take you as the type to listen to old music." he said, taking the record from my hand to examine the cover art.

"there's a lot of things you don't know about me, brock." i told him. "fleetwood mac is one of my favorite bands."

"well i'll give it a listen." he smiled. "the killers, heard of them?" he asked me.

"i know mr. brightside." i grinned. "and change your mind!" i said, the song coming to my head.

"okay... that's better than i expected." he laughed. "those are both on hot fuss... which is a good thing because that's the first album i picked." he told me. "the killers are my favorite band."

"i'll have to give it a listen." i smiled. "you'll hate me for this but i also picked you a harry styles record." i said, cringing slightly at his judgey face then laughing.

"seriously?" he laughed.

"yes! just trust me on it." i smiled, handing him the album.

"okay, okay. i'll give it a shot." he told me, handing me the last album. i read the spine, seeing he chose AM by the arctic monkeys. i had heard of them but i really didn't know any songs.

"do you prefer the A-side or the B- side on this one?" i asked him.

"my favorite song is the last on the album. so the b side." he said.

"i wanna be yours?" i asked, reading the last track on the album.

"i don't know, ayla. i'm not the type to settle down." he joked, making me roll my eyes. "i wanna be yours is my favorite." he told me.

"i'm going to be late for lunch with stas... i should probably head out." i told him. "but i expect to talk about these records over lunch. do you have plans on thursday?" i asked him.

"nope. it's a date." he said, making me blush a little.

"okay, cool." i smiled, moving my hair behind my ear.

"have fun at lunch, princess." colby said to me.

"see you around, barney." i smiled, walking out the door with my records in my hand. i smiled to myself as i started my car. i made sure to look behind me before pulling out of the parking spot.