2.5 - packing and confronation.

i guess i hadn't really gotten around to asking colby why he lied to me about working. it always stayed in the back of my mind, though.

"colby, can i ask you something?" i asked, looking up at him from packing my jewelry. he was packing my bags and purses.

"yeah, what's up, babe?" he asked me.

"did you lie to me... about being at work? the day that the whole nathan thing happened?" i asked, watching his face fall. my heart sank, scared to hear what he was about to say.

"yeah." he said. as simple as that.

"yeah?" i asked, looking him in the eyes.

"yeah- i had... i was actually making plans for our six month anniversary. i wanted everything to be a surprise." he admitted, making me feel bad that i even second guessed his intentions.

"oh... i'm sorry i jumped to conclusions. i just-"

"no, no, no. you had a reason to think that way." he said, walking over and pulling me into his body. "i promised that i'll never hurt you again, angel. and i'm not going to break that promise." he said, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips.

"okay." i smiled. "can you start packing up those drawers?" i asked colby.

"yeah." he said, turning towards it, opening the top drawer. oh god, i should've thought this through. "oooo, how come i havent seen these before?" he asked, holding up a pair of red lacey underwear.

"colby!" i squealed, throwing a random shirt at him as i blushed. "pack a different drawer. i'll deal with that one." i laughed.

"i'm perfectly capable of this drawer." he smirked, reaching in and pulling out another pair.

"if you're going to tease me, i'm going to make you go pack my makeup... and i know you don't want to do that." i threatened with a laugh.

"they're cute." he smirked, holding up a different pair.

"i know what they look like... no need to show me." i laughed.

-

"as you know, our anniversary is tomorrow. and we do, in fact, have plans." colby told me, getting out of bed to flip over the one direction record that i bought him. as much as he hates to admit it, he does love harry styles.

"how should i dress?" i asked him.

"one of your black dresses will do." he told me, smiling. "i like black on you. it reminds me of myself." he smirked, laying back down on the bed. this was a nightly occurrence for us. we'd lay on his bed, listen to records, makeout a bit and just talk for hours. it was simple, and not that exciting, but we love it.