3.9 - thanksgiving.

"happy thanksgiving." i smiled when colby finally woke up.

"happy thanksgiving." he grumbled, giving me a small smile. i was sitting at his desk, doing my makeup. "how long have you been up?" he asked me, checking his phone.

"like two hours. i had breakfast with your family and then i started getting ready." i told him.

"you had breakfast... with my family... without me?" he asked with a laugh.

"i did." i laughed. "it was great." i smiled.

"i think they like you more than they like me anyways." he joked.

"hmm... probably." i said, laughing. "i even helped your mom start cooking this morning."

"god, you're going to be her favorite person ever then." he laughed. "are you almost done?"

"yeah." i said, putting on my fake eyelashes. "are we going black friday shopping?" i asked him.

i felt so bad for spending thanksgiving away from my family and athen and stassie, skipping our traditions. black friday shopping was insane for us. we'd always go to rodeo drive and drop thousands of dollars. it was so fun. but i knew that being with colbys family would be a good thing for him. and i didn't want to ruin that for him.

"if you want to. i was thinking that you'd go with the girls and my mom when they go." he said.

"ooo yeah that'd be fun." i smiled. "i can't buy that much anyways since we flew here... unless i buy another carry on bag." i laughed. i had planned on doing most of my shopping online anyways since i couldn't buy any big items.

"i don't think you need anymore stuff anyways." he said, joking around.

-

"hey, lesa, do you need help with anything? i can set the table." i offered.

"it'd be really helpful if you could wrap the silverware!" she said with a smile. i nodded, beginning my task.

"hey, i'll be back in like an hour... i'm gonna run to hunters." colby said, basically flying through the kitchen. lesa gave a look of disapproval even though she couldn't see him anymore. i didn't care that he was going to his childhood friends house and leaving me with his family.

"is everything okay?" i asked her, looking at the cloth i was supposed to use.

"i was just hoping he wouldn't hang out with that kid anymore... especially since you're here." she said, focusing on the mashed potatoes we were making. i had just finished peeling all of the potatoes.

"why?" i questioned, slightly curious.

"he's just a druggie. he almost got colby arrested when they were younger." she said, rolling her eyes. after hearing that, i didn't want colby to be hanging out with him either. but i mean, colby and i did get arrested together... maybe i shouldn't tell her about that.

"colbys smart... he won't do anything too stupid." i encouraged. to be fair, i knew him so much better than anyone else and i believed he'd be okay.

"thank you." she said, letting out a sigh.

"for what?" i asked, confused.

"for being so good to colby." she admitted. "he stopped answering my calls about a month after he moved to LA... i didnt hear from my son for two years. and then you showed up in his life and he started calling me. i just can't thank you enough for bringing my baby back to me." she smiled.

"i would do anything for him. he's my rock. i'm so happy hes rebuilding his relationship with all of you." i smiled.

"i'm so happy he found you. i never thought he'd get a girlfriend... let alone one who is so polite and caring. not to mention, you're so beautiful." she smiled.

"aw, thank you." i smiled. "i'm just happy he's doing better. his friends always mention how different he was after we met. i'm happy i was able to help him. he's the sweetest boy ever."

"he's so thoughtful... he has such a good heart. he just didn't let anyone see that until he met you." she said, smiling.

-

it had been two hours and colby still wasn't back so lesa asked me to call him. his grandparents had showed up, i guess they always come an hour before everyone else.

i threw my phone on colbys bed after he ignored my phone call. i sat on the bed, putting my face in my hands and letting out a long sigh. what could be be doing right now? what if he's getting wasted before a big family event. or what if he's tripping out from molly. or even worse, he could be crossing. god, why is he doing this to me?

there's also the small chance that he's perfectly fine and is just out longer than expected. but i highly doubted that with his track record. what the hell am i supposed to do now?