3.4 - defensive.

"i'm gonna go get a white claw!" i told the girls. we were all in brennens living room, dancing to ric flair drip.

"i'll go with you!" stas said, grabbing my hand so we didn't lose each other in the sea of people. we had pregamed back at the house so we were all pretty toasty (ifykyk) but we weren't exactly wasted yet.

"what flavor do you wan-" i went to ask stassie, turning towards where she just was. "what the hell." i whispered to myself when she wasn't behind me. i looked around, noticing she was willingly going up the stairs, a guy in front of her. i had a feeling that colby was up there getting stoned anyways so i decided to head up.

"you're such a fucking bitch." i heard someone say in one of the bedrooms.

"nathan, let go of me." i heard stas say, seemingly pissed. what the hell was Nathan doing to her? i swung open the bedroom door, noticing that nathan had a tight grip on stassies wrist.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" nathan spit at me.

"what the fuck are you doing to my best friend?" i asked him, stas giving me a sad look and mouthing an 'i'm sorry' to me.

"she's a fucking bitch. going around, fucking any guy that sees her." he shot back at me. i was guessing this had to do with brennen.

"you broke up with her, you asshole." i defended.

"just leave us alone, nathan." stas said, trying to pull away. i gasped as he threw a punch at nastassia, making her cry out in pain.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" i screamed, pushing him back. this was so unlike me but i couldn't just let him get away with punching my best friend. i didn't care what he did to me, i just wanted to defend stassie.

he pushed me back, my back hitting the wall, making me let out a slight whimper, but quickly regaining my balance.

"no ones here to save you this time, princess." he smirked, making me punch him in the face, not caring what happened after.

"get the hell away from her." i heard stassie say, suddenly not on the floor anymore.

"what the fuck is going on?" i heard colbys voice through the shut door.

"colby!" i yelled out.

"ayla, are you okay?" i heard him yell through the door. i wasn't able to answer since i was suddenly distracted by nathan pushing nastassia to the floor.

"oh my god." i heard her cry out, blood dripping from her nose from when he punched her. i guess that was enough for colby to hear because he was in the room in less than 20 seconds.

"get the fuck away from her." colby spit at nathan, his eyes flashing to me to make sure i wasn't visibly hurt.

"what're you gonna do about it?" nathan smirked, turning towards colby, allowing me to run over to nastassia.

"i'll fucking kill you." colby threatened... and he wasn't joking.

"is that a threat?" nathan asked, a cocky grin on his face. he was definitely under the influence, but i'm sure he still would've done this without any alcohol in his system.

"it is a threat. now get away from nastassia." colby demanded, glancing at stas and then to me before putting his attention back on the boy in front of him. nathan moved forward slightly, coming near me. the next thing i knew, nathan's hand met with my face. i whimpered slightly, the impact leaving a stinging sensation. i heard stassie gasp from where she was in the room.

that was way past enough to make colby more pissed than i'd ever seen him before. he basically lunged at nathan. he was already pissed at nathan for messing with stassie, let alone the only person hes ever loved before. i watched as colbys fist met with nathan's gut, making me wince and look away. i've never been one for fighting... it makes me feel uneasy. i can't watch other people get hurt, even if they deserve it.

"woah, woah what the hell?" i heard jakes voice ask from the hallway.

"he- he was messing with us and- colbys going to kill him! do something!" i demanded to jake, and corey who showed up moments later.

"colby, stop!" corey yelled, trying to interfere but just getting pushed off. i watched jake and corey try to get colby off of nathan, failing until i was basically bawling. colby will not stop hurting nathan until hes dead, and that terrified me. not that he was capable of killing him, but what might happen if he does kill him.

"colby, stop. you're scaring ayla!" jake said, pulling me closer to him in a comforting hug as i cried. almost instantly, colby pulled away from nathan, his eyes meeting with mine. i saw panic flash in his eyes when he realized i was crying. at this point, brennen and a few other guys showed up, trying to end the altercation, brennen trying to comfort stas since they're a 'thing.'

i watched colby stand up from on top of nathan's body, slowly walking towards me. i saw a group of boys hover around nathan, to make sure he was still breathing. i wasn't scared of colby, i never could be. but i still c
clung onto jake even harder out if nerves.

when he was only a step in front of me, i released my grip on jake, throwing my arms around him. i could hear him let out a sigh of relief, his arms enveloping me.

"i'm so sorry." i heard him whisper. "are you okay? what did he do to you?" he asked me, not pulling away.

"i'm okay, colbs. you saw the worst of it." i said, feeling him cringe at the fact that nathan managed to slap me. i was not going to go into detail about what happened before colby came into the room. i was already scared that he was going to kill him without the knowledge of what went on beforehand.