5.1 - cottage.

"wait this is so cute." i whispered to tara as we approached the little cottage.

"it looks so peaceful... i don't see any cars." she said as we walked closer, ducking in case there was someone there.

"there aren't any lights on." i said to her. "we have to get closer."

"we need to be careful though." she warned, following behind me as we squat walked to the house. i had seen a spigot knob on the side of the house that would be used for water so we headed that way. i turned the knob to the left, no water coming out of it which alluded to the fact that there was no one living there.

"no water... how does someone live without running water?" i asked. "let's test the front door." i suggested.

"i don't know about this ayla... it seems sketchy." tara said.

"it'll be fine. we can just pretend we're lost." i laughed. we approached the front door and i knocked on it. we waited a minute and i knocked again. with no answer, i pulled the screen door open. it was unlocked and so was the actual door. i looked to tara before stepping into the little cottage. she followed quickly behind me.

"this looks straight out of a horror movie." tara whispered. "the ones where the two small girls end up dying." she said, making me whisper laugh.

"we aren't going to die, tara." i laughed. "it'll be fine." i told her, walking through the kitchen. i picked up an a newspaper. "2003."

"what?" she asked.

"the newspaper says 2003." i told her. she nodded, picking up an old can of soda. i rummaged through some papers on the table. i found an envelope. "ooo look at this." i told her, holding it up.

"what is it?" she asked, taking it from my hand. "dorlene rahan? who the fuck names their kid dorlene?" she asked me, making me crack up.

"this stuff all seems to be from like 2003ish. i wonder where dorlene is now." i said, laughing.

"i dunno. we should probably go back soon though. they're probably wondering where we are." she said. i assumed we had been here for at least half an hour.

"we should bring them back here though. sam and colby might want to film it for their channel." i suggested. she nodded and we made our way back to where our cars were parked.

"there they are!" i heard kevin say.

"where the fuck did you guys go?" colby asked, looking at us with a worried expression.

"we had to pee." i quietly replied since he seemed pissed.

"for a fucking hour?" he asked.

"brother, chill." jake said.

"i'm sorry... we found this really cool abandoned cottage in the woods." i told them, colby pulling me into a hug. "we thought you guys might want to film it."

sam and colbys channel had frankly blown up a lot over the passed few months since they started it. they had nearly one million followers in just a few months. i was super proud of them. so many teenage girls took a liking to my badass boyfriend. they were making a lot of money from it as well, which helped with the fact that colby and i had a long distance relationship.

even sam and colbys fans loved all of us. jake and corey were featured on the channel the most and they had become an iconic friend group. everyone loved kat and i as well. there were obviously the jealous fans but most of them liked us. tara and devyn were also hyped up a lot.

tara, jake and corey each started separate channels as well, that are growing. i started a channel that now has 750k followers. i only have one video up so far though. i know all of the followers are from sam and colbys 1mil subscribers but i still appreciate them. jake and corey both have around 700-800k as well and tara is at around 200k. i'd assume the rest of the group will eventually make channels as well since apparently the world loves our friend group.

after a few minutes, everyone agreed to go down to the cottage so tara and i led them there. we went through the cottage the whole way this time while sam and colby filmed the whole thing.

after about an hour, we all headed back to our cars, packing up so we could go home. it had been a fun way to end my time at home.