4.5 - wedding.

"you look so pretty!" i said to gwen, who was finally dressed in her wedding dress.

"you really do look beautiful, honey." lesa smiled to her. i was in the back room with lesa, gwen, her mom, and her three bridesmaids.

"alright, lesa and ayla, we need to go out to the front!" gwens mom, alice, told us. we were supposed to be at the front, passing out the little booklet things.

colby and i had driven into kansas again, because gage and gwen are getting married today. we drove in last night and now he was off with gage, getting ready for the wedding. so i was hanging out with lesa.

the wedding was beautiful, and considering i hadn't seen colby at all that day, he was basically staring at me the entire time he was in the groomsmen lineup. i had woken up early to go to the ceremony location to help gwen get ready, which resulted in me not seeing colby that morning... so it was nice to finally be able to see him.

"hey." he said, walking over to me and pulling me into him.

"hi." i grinned, leaning up to kiss him, quickly, since we were surrounded by his family.

"you look so pretty, princess." he smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"you look pretty too." i laughed, pulling away from him slightly since i noticed lesa approaching us.

"aw, you're so sweet, my little rat." he joked, making me laugh.

"colby, dont be calling my daughter a rat." lesa said, laughing. this is basically the only thing that lesa ever calls me anymore. she said i'm like the daughter she never had so now it's just cute little name.

"don't worry, she's my little rat." colby said, making both of us laugh.

"that was such a beautiful ceremony, wasn't it?" lesa asked us.

"it was. i loved it." i smiled. to be honest, i was completely bored the whole time. it wasn't that the wedding was boring... just wedding themselves are boring.

"colby, you better get going." she told him. "the wedding party is about to leave."

"alright, i'll see you guys there. i love you both." he said to us, walking away. i smiled, turning back towards lesa.

"you two are just the cutest." she smiled, grabbing my hand and walking me towards the entrance so that we could leave to head to the reception, which would be much more fun.

-

i was sat at the table with lesa, layne, his aunt and two of colbys cousins that i had met the first time we came here. thankfully, since my parents are popular people, they had a lot of parties growing up so i have no problem making conversation. i'm really grateful for that because this would be so awkward if that wasn't the case.

the wedding party started to walk in, in groups of two. and colby walked in with a really pretty blonde girl, making me slightly jealous before i remembered that he was being forced to walk in with her. the whole wedding party had to sit at the front of the room, colby sitting in between the blonde girl and a girl with black hair. sure, i wish he was sitting with me but it wouldn't long until we could see each other.

"your dress is so pretty, sweetheart." lesa smiled to me.

"it is! where'd you get it?" colbys aunt laci asked me.

"oh, i found it in my moms closet! it's a vintage versace dress." i told them.

"i love it!" laci said.

"what's it like to live in LA? i've always wanted to go there." colbys cousin, lauren, asked me.

"it's a lot of fun. i mean, there's parties everyday so that's fun." i laughed. "a lot of creative people.... you could live there your whole life and still have not tried half of the restaurants. there's endless food." i laughed.