0.3 - killers.

"what album is this anyways? i've never heard it." athen asked.

"the killers." i said, flipping through my magazine. athen was sitting on the couch in my room and stassie was sitting next to me on the bed.

"i like it." she said, looking back to her phone.

"me too. colby bought it for me." i smiled, waiting for their reactions.

"shut up! i didn't know you saw him again." stas said.

"it wasn't on purpose." i defended. "i simply went to the record store he works at, on accident, and we picked a few records for each other." i told them.

"you are so into him." stas said.

"i mean he is really hot." i laughed. "we're meeting for lunch on thursday." i told them.

"and you have cute nicknames for each other!" stas said.

"nicknames? why have i not heard of these?" athen said, throwing her phone to the side to listen to us.

"he calls her princess and she calls him barney." nastassia laughed, making me laugh as well.

"where the hell did those come from?" she asked, laughing.

"well he thinks i'm a rich, spoiled, entitled girl so he called me princess. his hair is slightly purple so i called him barney. it's not that deep." i laughed.

"that's actually so cute. why am i the only one without a man?" athen asked.

"we aren't dating!" i laughed, noticing a text from colby.

barney - don't tell anyone... but harry styles isn't that bad 👀

princess - i knew you'd like him! my lips are sealed.

i smiled to myself, locking my phone. "stas, how are you and nathan?" i asked her.

"hm same old, same old. we haven't seen each other much lately." she said, shrugging. "oh shit, it's 1am. i have to go home. my mom and i are going for facials in the morning. you two are welcome to come."

"i have lunch plans tomorrow. have fun and tell her i said hi." i told stas.

"can you actually drive me home? i got an uber here." athen asked stas. she nodded and we said our goodbyes and they left. i laid back on my bed, texting colby again.

princess - sooooo the real question here is did carole baskin kill her husband?

barney - oh she 100% fed him to the tigers. big cat rescue is a fucking joke.

princess- i volunteer to be joe exotics fourth husband.

barney - you don't choose him, he chooses you

princess - fair

i continued to text him for nearly another hour before i decided i needed to sleep.

-

"hey barney." i smiled, sitting in the front seat of colbys car. he came to my house to pick me up for lunch.

"hey princess." he said with a smirk. "cute outfit." i looked down at my pink crop top. i wasn't wearing a bra and that was fairly evident. i felt a blush of embarrassment fall across my face. well this is off the a great start.

"eyes on the road, brock." i laughed. "tell me your story." i suggested.

"my story?" he asked.

"yeah. what's your life like?" i laughed.

"well, i live with my three best friends. sam, jake and corey. after highschool, i went to college for a month and then dropped out so now i work at the record store. that's about all there is to me." he said to me.

"what about growing up? what was it like?" i asked him.

"oh, well i grew up in kansas. my parents and my brother, gage, still live there." he told me.

"do you see them often?" i asked him.

"i haven't seen them since i moved out here almost two years ago." he said. i didn't know a ton about colby. i know that he's 19 and that he works at a record store... and that he smokes. "what about you, ayla?"

"uh- i grew up in beverley hills. i know, very rich girl of me." i laughed, making him laugh as well. "with both of my parents. and i have a sister, nicolette. she's 19, actually. she lives in new york now." i told him. "nastassia and my other friend, athen, practically live with me. i'm not that complex of a person." i admitted.

"well, princess, i'm sure you've had a very interesting life." he laughed, pulling into a parking spot.

"what're you going to get?" he asked once we got seated.

"waffles, maybe." i said to him.

"ooo maybe i'll get that too." he said.

"so," i started after we ordered. "what did you think of harry styles?" i asked him.

"he was alright." he mumbled.

"huh? i can't hear you?" i laughed.

"okay! he was good! i actually like him a lot." colby said a little bit louder.

"yes! that's all i needed to hear. we can leave now." i joked. "what was your favorite song?"

"either two ghosts or from the dining table." he said.

"no way! from the dining table is my favorite." i smiled.

"you're so cute. sooo the killers?" he asked.

"absolutely loved them. possibly one of my new favorites." i smiled.

"ah yes! which song was your favorite?" he asked me.

"everything will be alright." i smiled.

"no way?" he asked. "that's my favorite song too."

for the duration of lunch, we pretty much only talked about music. something we both passionately loved.