5.5 - telling our family.

"hey mom!" i smiled, walking into her house.

"hey serena." colby said, following behind me.

"hey guys! i missed you!" she said, pulling us both into a hug.

"we brought you something." i told her, pulling a little wrapped box out of my bag.

"aw, that's so sweet. what for?" she asked me, taking the little box.

"just a little appreciation gift." i told her, holding my camera so the lense could see her but she couldn't see the camera.

"you guys didn't have to." she smiled, opening the tiny box. she gasped as she read the little necklace. "grandma? are you pregnant?" she gasped again.

"yes." i laughed and nodded.

"i'm so happy for you guys!" she said, pulling us into a hug. "you two will be such good parents."

i wasn't excepting her reaction to go so smooth. i had assumed she was going to make at least one passive aggressive comment about the fact that we aren't married or that we don't live together. she didn't though, which i was thankful for. she had my sister at a pretty young age as well.

"thanks, serena." colby smiled as we all pulled away from the hug.

"do you think it's a girl or a boy?" she asked, putting her hand on my stomach.

"we both think it's a girl." i told her.

-

"so, dad, we got you something." i told him as he sat at the table.

"what for?" he asked me, looking at the box.

"just because." i replied. "open it!" i insisted. it was mug that said #1 grandpa.

"#1 grandp- OH! are you?" he asked, motioning towards my stomach. i smiled and nodded. "no way! i'm so happy for you." he said, pulling me into a big hug.

"thanks dad." i smiled, letting him hug colby.

"when are you due?" he asked me.

"october." i told him.

"this is so exciting! i'll have to tell all of the guys at the course. colby, i'm sure you'll take great care of them."

"of course, sir. i won't be leaving her side." colby smiled, kissing my cheek.

-

"aw we should take a polaroid." i said to jake and tara. we were all sitting in the backyard of the trap house.

"i can take it for you." stas offered.

"okay, cool, thanks." i smiled. colby, tara, jake and i all got into a pose thing together.

"1...2...3 say aylas pregnant!" stas said.

"what?" tara yelled. "you're kidding."

"no, i swear." i laughed, pulling out a sonogram copy.

"congrats, guys!" jake said, bro hugging colby.

"i'm so happy for you guys!" tara said, pulling me into the biggest hug. "when are you due?" she asked me.

"october." i told her as jake hugged me and tara moved to colby.

"ooo a spooky baby." jake joked as i handed them each a mug. jakes said 'uncle jake' and taras said 'aunt tara.' we had gotten one of these mugs for each of our friends.

"this is so cute." tara said, starting to cry, making me cry as well. i felt bad for colby because i'm already the most over emotional person ever. he's in for a long seven more months.

-

"kat, sam, come take a polaroid with colby and i!" i insisted. kat, sam, nastassia, colby and i had gone out for dinner so i decided now would be the perfect time.

"okay, 1...2...3 say aylas pregnant!"

"what?" kat gasped after a moment, making
me laugh. "you're pregnant?" she asked, completely shocked.

"yes." i laughed as she pulled me into a hug.

"seriously? this isn't a prank?" sam asked, making me laugh.

"no, brother." colby laughed.

"congrats, man!" sam said, hugging him. and of course, kat also made me cry when she started crying. ugh i love my friends. we gave sam and kat their mugs as well and they loved them.

-

i wanted to have a polaroid of all of our friends reactions so we decided to do the same thing to corey, devyn, athen and mikey, all at once.

"3...2...1 say aylas pregnant!" nastassia said.

"what? no way?" devyn asked.

"you're kidding?!" athen asked.

"seriously, brother?" corey asked.

"i swear, guys." i laughed, showing them the ultrasound picture.

"i'm so happy for you! you're going to be such good parents." devyn said as they all went through to hug us.

"congratulations guys!" corey told us.