5.8 - blackmail and smoking.

i was in the kitchen, drinking a cup of tea, and reading a book about birth. saying i'm scared to give birth is an understatement.

i had just let lyla out in our fenced in backyard. our house had those cool doors that you can push the whole way open so the living room basically flowed into the backyard when its open.

"good morning." colby said, kissing my head.

"morning." i smiled.

"howre you feeling?" he asked me.

"a little nauseous but i'll live." i told him as lyla ran back into the house, jumping up on colby so he'd pet her.

"aw, good morning lyla." he smiled, petting her. "i'm sorry you don't feel good, babe. can i get you anything?" he asked me.

"i'm fine. thanks though." i smiled. my phone went off and i noticed the text was from an unfamiliar number. i picked up my phone in confusion, opening the text.

"told you to watch your back. wouldn't want colbys subscribers to see these pics, huh?"

attached was a photo of colby and i walking into the ultrasound building together, and the second one was a picture that i had sent to nastassia of my bump.

"colby, look at this." i said, showing him the texts.

"what kind of sick fuck woul-" he started.

"amber." i said, cutting him off.

"i'll fucking end her if she does anything." he replied.

"co, i'm not ready for the whole world to know. i wanted to keep this private for as long as possible." i told him, starting to cry. a mix between me always being overemotional and the pregnancy hormones.

"don't worry, baby, no one is going to find out. i'll do everything in my power to end this." he said, pulling me into his body as i cried.

"how'd she get that picture?" i asked colby through my tears.

"i don't know, princess. i don't know." he said, clearly upset that this was happening to me. "let's go sit outside while i figure this out, yeah?"

"okay." i nodded, following him out of the house, sitting on the patio furniture. i watched as he pulled his cigarette box from his black leather jacket. "no, no, no, you're not smoking around me anymore. not while i'm pregnant." i insisted.

"i need to stop anyways." he replied, putting them back into his pocket.

"what?" i asked him in shock. i never saw him put a cigarette down when he was in the mood to smoke one.

"you're right. i shouldn't be smoking around you and our baby. it'd be better for me to stop now rather than after you give birth."

"really?" i asked him, still shocked.

"yes." he laughed. "i love you so much." he said, pulling me from my chair to his.

"i love you. colbs." i smiled, kissing him. lyla was sitting at our feet, waiting for us to pet her. "we love you too, ly." i laughed, petting her.

"your bump is finally growing." he smiled, putting his hand on my stomach.

"ah, yes, i can't wait until i look like i swallowed a bowling ball." i laughed.

"hey, you're gonna be the prettiest pregnant girl ever." he said, chuckling. "i'll figure out what to do about amber." he said. "i'm sure nathan is involved as well." he said, tensing.

-

"where were you?" i asked colby when he walked into the front door.

"it doesn't matter." he mumbled.

"where were you?" i asked again, him looking at me. "oh my god, what happened?" i asked, blood falling from his eyebrow.

"nothing, i-i'm fine." he said, petting lyla.

"colby, i'm carrying your fucking child. you can't keep shit from me." i said, getting upset.

"i went to nathan's house." he confessed

"oh my god." i mumbled.

"his friend was there so it was two against one. you should see them though. i'm practically untouched."

"except you're not." i said, running my finger over his eyebrow.

"i'll be fine." he blew it off. "what matters is that nathan will not mess with you again. anything from here on out is fully ambers doing."

"you wouldn't kill someone, would you?" i asked him. a completely genuine question. i didn't know what colbys limits were when it came to protection for me and our baby.

"kill someone?" he questioned, thinking about it as i nodded. "ayla-"

"it's a yes or no question, co." i said.

"for protection, or self defense, yes." he simply responded. i nodded slowly in attempt to take in the information.

"you haven't killed anyone before, have you?" i asked.

"god, no ayla." he laughed.

"i was just making sure!" i laughed, knowing even the idea was absurd.

"are you excited for our gender reveal?" he asked me after a few minutes.

"of course. i'm absolutely convinced it's a girl, though." i told him.

"me too. i really hope it is." he told me.