0.8 - girlfriend.

"are you coming to our party tonight?" he asked me.

"i'll go. i'm not much of a drinker." i admitted, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"wow, shocker." he laughed.

"do you want a snack?" i asked him, grabbing a water from the fridge.

"could we make cookies?" he asked me.

"of course!" i said, getting out the ingredients.

-

"these are so good, babe." he groaned out with a smile.

"they're a family recipe." i smiled. i heard the alarm on the door. confused, i called out to see who was there. "hello?"

"ah, baby! it's been a while." my mom smiled, walking into the kitchen. shit. "who's this?" she asked, a smile still etched on her face.

"oh, mom, this is my friend colby." i said as he stood up.

"hi, mrs. nolan. it's nice to meet you." he smiled, shaking her hand.

"you too, colby. you can call me serena." she smiled.

"well, we were actually about to go to dinner. i'm going to a party tonight so i'll be home late." i smiled, hugging my mom goodbye.

"you, me and stassie have facials tomorrow at 12! don't be late." she smiled.

"your mom seems so chill." colby laughed.

"she is." i told him with a smile.

"soooo dinner? on me?" i asked.

"that works. but i'm paying." he said, making me roll my eyes.

"will you drive? i can't be bothered." i laughed.

"yeah." he laughed, getting in my car.

"do you know how to drive stick?" i asked him.

"yes, i know how to drive stick." he laughed.

-

"ayla, i know this isn't great timing but i really don't think i'll have the balls to do it later so i guess now will have to do." colby laughed. we ended up at some fancy restaurant, that we were way underdressed for. "will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"yes!" i nearly squealed, smiling at the boy. finally.

-

the party ended up being super fun. i only had a white claw since i wasn't in the mood to get shit faced.

i was in my room, watching a video on my phone, when i got an incoming facetime from colby.

"hi babe." i smiled to him.

"hi princess." he smiled back. "soooo... what're you doing on july 24th- the 27th?"

"probably nothing important... why?" i asked.

"well... i talked to my mom-" he started.

"you did?" i asked, happy for him. he had expressed to me that he didn't talk to his family... pretty much ever.

"i did." he chuckled. "my mom wants me... well us... to come to the big family barbecue this year." he said.

"do you want to go?" i asked him.

"only if you're going." he said to me.

"then i'll go." i smiled. "speaking of family... nic is back in town and my dad is home now too. they want to have dinner with you." i said.

"oh... um- yeah. well figure it out." he said.

"you okay?" i asked with a laugh.

"yeah... so are you coming over again tonight?" colby asked me.

"i guess." i said, sitting on my bed.