6.7 - 16.

"morning mom." ashton said to me, sitting down at the table.

"morning, baby. any plans for today?" i asked my now 16 year old daughter.

"i'm going to hang with grayson. i think we're going to the lake." she informed me, eating one of the strawberries i had just washed. grayson is her boyfriend. calum and camille ended up having a son a year after i had ashton, so ash and grayson grew up together.

"are cal and cami going to be there?" i asked her, not actually caring because we always want our kids to be comfortable with us.

"probably. i think layla is going up too." she said. layla is their 13 year old daughter.

"maybe you should take baylen." i suggested. baylen and layla are best friends.

"i suppose i could." she said. "is dad home?"

"no, he's out filming with the boys. he should be back soon though." i told her. sam and colby got offered a netflix show that is essentially an upscale of what they did on their channel. it's called xplr. they go to different haunted places around the world and film. every year, they do a halloween special with all of our kids. it's mainly sam, colby, jake and corey but the girls and i occasionally film with them. the show is on its second season. it's a very loved show.

"i'm not going to grays until 3 if you wanna go do something." she informed me, letting me know that she didn't want to be in the house all day.

"we could go get our nails done." i suggested.

"can we? my nails are wrecked."

"of course. we'll have to take bay and west. i doubt hudson would want to go. he'll probably hang out with wilder." i informed her. wilder is tara and jakes son.

"okay. i'm gonna go get ready." she said, running up the stairs, boo following her.

last year, lyla passed away from old age, seeing as she was a fourteen year old doberman. it was a very sad time for our family. ashton had grown up with lyla. she definitely took it the hardest. lyla was so protective over her.

baylen, hudson and west also grew up with lyla but they weren't as attached to her as ashton was. i swear ashton didn't leave her room for two weeks straight. grayson would bring her chick fil a or ice cream or something everyday but she had no human contact asides from that.

"you're home early." i smiled as colby walked into the house.

"we were just filming confessionals today on what we thought about everything that happened in the last episode we filmed." he told me, kissing my temple as he slid past me.

"how'd it go?" i asked him.

"it was fine. it's kind of a boring episode... not much happened." he told me. i nodded, continuing to cut up fruit.

"you should take hudson to do something today. the girls and i are going to get our nails done." i told him.

"he has football practice today." colby informed me.

"oh shit... i forgot about that." i sighed. "will you take him? west has dance tonight."

"i can take him." he offered.

one thing that colby and i wanted to do different than our parents was the involvement in their lives. my parents were workaholics and weren't around much. i was practically raised by my nanny and housekeeper. i dont blame that on my parents... they really just wanted me to have everything i ever wanted. i still have a good relationship with them.

as for colby, his parents were averagely involved in his life but i guess they were slightly controlling when he was a teenager... so that's probably why he ended up in LA and not talking to them for two years.

we want to (respectively) know everything about them, as long as they're comfortable sharing. we like our house to be a safe space.

colby has been keeping the lover records going. we're on volume 22... which is kinda crazy. he got me one for each time we had a baby. he got one for our wedding, and one for our honeymoon, and a lot of random ones here and there.

ashton loves records as well. she had quite the collection of them. baylen has a few as well but she thinks they're "too much work."

so, that's colby and i's life with a 10, 12, 14, and 16 year old. they're our life. it's crazy to see how colby has changed since we met, and even more than before we met.

he had gone from partying and hooking up with girls every night, hating the idea of marriage and not loving the idea of kids to settling down with me, and having kids. i was proud of him for changing into the amazing dad that he is now. it was like he was made to be a dad. he's so good with the kids. they adore him.