1.7 - heather.

after my shower, i allowed stassie to brush my hair while i played minecraft. a notification popped up on my phone from an unknown number so i clicked on it.

231- 855- 2256 - hey, i'm heather. this is super random but i just wanted to text you to give you a better state of mind. this is a rough introduction but i'm kind of the girl who sucked your boyfriend off.

i read the message over, probably five times, also letting stas read it. i almost blocked the number but another text came through before i could.

231-855-2256 - god, please don't hate me. i didn't know colby had a girlfriend. i've known colby for a while and he never mentioned a girlfriend. and honestly, he didn't seem like the type to have a girlfriend.

231- 855- 2256- anyways, sam called me... do you know him?

ayla - i know him.

231- 855- 2256 - okay, cool. he and jake called me, telling me i'm a horrible person... and some other things i won't repeat. but then they kept bringing up an ayla. and i had to ask them who you are and they told me that you're colbys girlfriend.

ayla - ex girlfriend.

231- 855- 2256 - right. anyways, they gave me your number so i could apologize to you. i'm so sorry that this happened. i would have never done anything with him if i knew he was taken. and if it helps you sleep at night, he was so shitfaced that he couldn't even talk. we were both so drunk. we were not in the right state of mind.

ayla - it doesn't make me feel better, but thank you for apologizing.

heather- of course. i'll never forgive myself for splitting you two up.

ayla - i'm not mad at you, you didn't know. i'm at him because he did.

heather - i went by earlier today... sam asked to see me so they could talk to me. colby was doing terrible. the boys said he has barely gotten out of bed... hasn't really eaten anything.

ayla - good.

heather - so do you love him?

ayla - i do. we never said it to each other though. i should probably stop because he clearly doesn't love me

heather - no, no, no.
heather- hes in bed, beating himself up because he let you down.
heather - anyways, i'll let you go. i really hope the best for you two. again, i'm sorry. feel free to text me if you need anything. :)

ayla - thank you... i appreciate this a lot.

well that was a whirlwind. i was almost happy that colby is also suffering... but at the same time, it broke my heart. i didn't want him to hurt, even though he caused the greatest pain i ever knew.

colby had left me 28 voicemails, 64 messages and 2 emails. yes, emails.

all of the voicemails were along the lines of  "i miss you, i messed up, i really really like you" stuff like that. i had been listening to them on repeat. i hated hearing his voice, but it also made me feel so much happier inside.

"ayla, that is not good for you. either call the boy back or give me your phone." stas said to me. i huffed, handing her my phone.

my 18th birthday is in nearly a week. august 8th. i had looked forward to my eighteenth birthday since i was a little girl but now i wanted nothing more than to not have a big birthday party and a fun birthday trip with my friends. colby ruined me.