1.6 - comfort.

comfort food and nastassia were the only thing getting me through this whole breakup. stas has not left my side, which i'm so thankful for. athen hadn't been around much recently. i couldn't blame her though... watching someone cry for a week straight is not exactly fun.

"baby, you need to get a bath." stassie said to me, making me cry again. my bathroom had his body wash in it... i was a proper mess.

that's how the whole past week has been. the only thing i had been able to eat the first few days had been strawberries and cherries. which just so happen to be colby and i's favorite fruits. on day four, i realized that mac and cheese and chick fil a nuggets would be my new strawberries and cherries. my vegan days were out the door now because i couldn't be bothered when all i did was cry.

"ayls, will you be okay if i leave for a few hours? you're out of food that you will actually eat. i need to get you groceries." she said.

"i'll- i'll be okay." i said.

"please just come with me. it'd make me feel so much better." she said, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"fine." i huffed, feeling bad that's she's been taking care of me this whole time. i slowly got out of bed, putting my slippers on. i pulled my ratty, unwashed hair up into a little messy bun. i was in one of colbys flannels, which was not helping me to get over him.

i pulled on a pair of black leggings and put on my vans that colby bought me because he wanted to teach me how to skate and so i "obviously had to look the part." that sadly never got to happen. i sighed, following stassie down the stairs.

colby ;

i hate myself. i hate myself with a passion. i hate myself for making ayla cry. i hate myself for breaking her heart. i hate myself for telling her that i'd hurt anyone who hurt her but then did the deed myself. i hate that our relationship was now over... all because i wigged out and did something stupid. all because i wasn't getting any... what a dumbass.

"colby." i heard sam say. the boys had tried getting me out of bed all week. they tried being
nice, being mean, being stupid, etc. i wasn't budging though.

"call her." jake said laying down on top of me.

"no. she hates me." i said.

"it lives!" corey exclaimed, making me roll my eyes... just like ayla would do anytime i made an inappropriate joke. god, why does everything remind me of her?

"what do you need? drugs, alcohol...?" jake asked, sam giving him a disapproving look.

"i need her." i groaned, rolling over, accidentally kicking jake. he didn't bring it up though.

even though i said i needed her, they brought me weed instead. and we all got high. very high. and i still hated myself for what i did to her.

ayla ;

stassie actually let me stay in the car once we got to the store. i decided to facetime tara, who i had, unintentionally, been ignoring. she stopped over twice after the whole situation. the first time i cried to her, which gave stassie a break to go home and get some stuff. then the second time, tara and stas cuddled me while i cried over sad movies because somehow the problems managed to relate back to colby and i.

"hey, girl. howre you doing?" she asked me with a sympathetic smile.

"i'm honestly feeling the tiniest bit better." i admitted. "everything still reminds me of him."

"can i come over later and we can walk about it? i can pick athen up as well." she offered. maybe a girls night is what i needed.

"that actually sounds really good. i love you and i'll see you in a bit." i said, giving her the
smallest smile.

"love you girl!" she said.

"drive safe." i replied, hanging up.

tara and stassie had met not long ago and the three of us all got along extremely well. and then athen had gone to brunch with the three of us and she also loved tara. so the four of us would hang out together pretty often.

nastassia soon returned with two grocery bags and we left, not a word being shared between us. stas is basically my sister. we didn't need to talk. we just needed each other.

once we got home, i went to my room while she put the groceries away. i decided a shower was way passed due. i walked into my bathroom, turning the water on and stripping. my thigh hickeys had lasted this whole past week but at this point, they're just a memory. they were almost completely gone.

i turned the hot water on, getting into the shower. as an emotional wreck does, i started crying again. i was thinking that'd i'd never be able to find another colby in my lifetime. a boy who was a complete asshole to anyone he didn't know or like, but had a soft spot for me. no one would ever be able to hold a conversation about music with me like he would. no ones touch would ever make me feel like his did. no one else would be willing to beat someone up for making me uncomfortable. no one would ever let me steal all of their clothes. no one would mean to me what he means to me.

there was no one who would be as patient as he was with my lack of... experience. or anyone who would be able to make my entire day by simply laughing. there would never be someone who would put up with my lame ass jokes. no one who would chase me around my house and then throw me over their shoulder and tickle me to death. let's face it, no one will be colby.

it seemed impossible to fall in love so fast. i mean, we only knew each other for a mere two months. but i think i managed to fall in love with him. sure, we never said the words that i knew he secretly dreaded. i was waiting for him to say it first. i didn't want to scare him off. that never happened. and now it never would.