0.6 - jail cells.

upon arriving in jail, my mascara was running. i can only imagine how bad my mugshot would look. i knew i'd get out of this, cause of my dad and all. but i couldn't help but be nervous.

"ayla gray nolan... didnt expect to see you here." the one officer said.

"i didn't expect to be here." i admitted to him.

"so who's the boy?" he asked.

"cole brock... just a friend." i said.

"they'll have to take you for mugshots and finger prints and then you'll be in the holding cell until someone can come pick you up. bail is $2000 each." he told me. i nodded, looking down at the floor.

they walked colby and i back together for mugshots, moving onto finger prints shortly after. they placed colby in a holding cell first, allowing me to make my phone call. my parents weren't around and i had no clue who to call but i resorted to stassie... her mom would do anything for me.

"hello? nastassia speaking." she said.

"stas!" i exclaimed, so happy that she actually picked up for a number she didn't know.

"oh, what's up ayla?" she asked, her voice going back to normal from her formal tone.

"sooooo... i'm in jail." i admitted.

"WHAT?" she practically yelled.

"i don't have enough time to explain... please just come pick me up." i requested.

"of course. i'll be there in like 20. love you."

"love you." i responded, the line going dead. i allowed the officer to walk me back to the holding cell that was diagonal to colbys. i wish we were able to be in the same one. colby held an apologetic look on his face the whole time, making me feel bad that he felt bad. they took him for his call and i assumed he had called sam or something.

not even twenty minutes later, they came to the holding cells, which were thankfully empty besides the two of us, and took us out to the lobby thing.

"ayla!" stas said, pulling me into a big hug.

"thank you so much." i said to her. "i'm sorry."

"of course! i'm just glad you're okay. my mom just signed the bail, for both of you." she said.

"she really didn't have to do that. my friends are on their way." colby said. "but thank you." he smiled.

"it's really no problem." she said.

"i promise ill pay you back as soon as we get home." i told her.

"for real, don't worry about it." she said.

"so that's what it's like to be rich?" colby asked with a laugh, making me roll my eyes and making stas laugh.

"claire! thank you so so so much for coming." i said when she walked into the room.

"of course, sweetheart." she said, hugging me. "you know i'd do anything for you! i'm claire." she introduced, shaking colbys hand.

"colby. thanks, mrs. lively." he smiled.

"call me claire! do you two need a ride somewhere?" she asked us.

"to get his car, please. it's not far from here." i smiled.

-

"stassies mom is sweet." colby said as he started his car.

"she is. she knows my parents aren't around too much so she kinda steps up." i told her.

"do you want me to take you home now?" he asked, grabbing my hand.

"i'm kinda exhausted so that's probably best." i laughed. "stas is coming to spend the night too."

"what a weird first date. we got arrested." colby laughed.

"it was a pretty odd date." i laughed. "but i had fun." i smiled, looking over to him.

"i did too. that was technically my first date." he admitted. "i'm not one for dating. i'm more of... uh- one who... ya know?" he laughed.

"that was my first date too." i admitted.

"can i ask your a personal question?" he asked as i messed with the rings on his fingers.

"of course." i looked up at him.

"are you a virgin? i- i assumed you are but i just wanted to ask..." he trailed off.

"i am. are you?" i asked with a laugh, knowing the answer was no.

"what do you think?" he asked, moving his hand from mine and placing it on my thigh.

"let's not talk about that right now." i laughed.
"what're you doing tomorrow?" i asked him.

"i have work till 4. and then i'm all yours if you want to do something." he said.

"i was thinking we could just hang out at my house or something." i suggested.

"sounds like a plan, princess."