2.4 - home.

"baby, i don't think i want you staying home alone anymore. at least not for a while." i heard colby say from beside me. we were laying on his bed, listening to records. we had decided to go to his place after the whole nathan ordeal. and i was still trying to recover from the shock of what just happened.

"i think i'd be too scared to be there alone." i laughed, playing with the rings on his finger.

"you can stay here until you and the girls get a house. i'll go back to your place with you and help you pack and everything." he offered. i nodded, agreeing that it was probably for the best since my parents weren't always home.

-

nastassia went into a downward spiral after hearing what happened between nathan and i. not only was she crushed that i was the girl that he liked, but also that he 'hurt' me. that girl has too big of a heart and people take advantage of it. the first few days, she barely talked to me because she was still coping with the breakup as it is. and then i dumped this onto her.

i have been staying at colbys for the past two weeks since the whole nathan thing happened. i didn't want to be home alone and colby surely didn't want me to be away from him and alone. i love living with him, it'll be so weird when the girls and i eventually leave.

my phone started ringing from the nightstand beside me, so i picked it up.

"hello?" i said.

"ayla? it's bethany." i heard her say. bethany is our realtor and i'm hoping she has good news for me.

"hey! what's up?" i asked.

"i have good news and bad news." she said.

"okay, hit me." i said, hoping that the bad news was not that we didn't get the house.

"so, they cleared you for the house that you guys all wanted, however you only have until tomorrow to decide if that's the one you want or not." she said to me.

"oh my gosh! really?" i asked, noticing colby walked into the room, shooting me a confused look.

"yeah! i'm sure you'll have to talk to all of the girls so just let me know by tomorrow at 8pm." she said.

"colby! we got approved for the house!" i said, practically freaking out.

"no way? that's great news, princess!" he said, pulling me into a hug.

"i have to discuss with the girls still." i told him.

"it's going to be weird not having you here with me." he said, kissing the top of my head.

"i know. i'll miss this. but i'll be right next door." i smiled, getting on my tippee toes to kiss him since he's nearly a foot taller than me.
"i have to go talk to the girls. i'll be back in like an hour." i smiled.

"sounds good, princess. have fun." he said, kissing the top of my head.

"i'll see you later, barney." i giggled.

"yeah, yeah." he laughed. "i love you. drive safe." he said, tapping my butt as i walked out.

"i love you!" i called out as i ran down the stairs.

-

i had called all of the girls and told them we had to have a little meeting, so we all chose athens house as it's like the center point of all of our homes.

when i got there, i noticed everyone's cars already in the driveway so i quickly got the gate opened.

"i'm here!" i yelled when i walked in.

"we're in the living room." kat yelled back. i walked towards the living room, sitting on the couch next to stassie, who leaned in to basically cuddle me. it's nice to know that she doesn't hold the nathan thing against me.

"so what's up?" tara asked.

"well... we got approved for the house!" i told them.

"no way!?" stas said.

"so are we doing it?" kat excitedly asked.

"i want to as long as everyone else is on board. we need to find a sixth roommate too." i said.

"i'm so down. i need to move out of here. i can't live with my parents any longer." athen laughed.

"same here. i want to be away from my parents" tara laughed.

we all agreed that we would rent out the house, picking the one year lease since stas and i would be moving to new york in a little over a year. i don't know how i'm going to do that. how will i be able to manage school, living thousands of miles from my boyfriend and not having all of my friends around? why did i decide to go to new york for school anyways? i guess i didn't have anything holding me back. my best friend is going with me. and i clearly didn't expect to fall in love. i didn't think i'd be leaving anyone other than my parents. i guess that's a problem for next year...