3.3 - convincing.

"my parents want you to come to church with us on sunday." i told colby, folding his clothes that he was too lazy to do himself.

"me? going to church?" he laughed. "there's not a chance in hell that i would do that."

"i haven't gone since i met you." i laughed. "my parents really want us to go. my mom leads the choir whenever she's in town. and she really wants us there. and not to mention the fact that you've only really met them once." i said.

"you've only met my family once." he argued.

"they live twenty hours away." i laughed. "will you please come, just this once, for me. it would make my parents so happy."

"we'll see." he said. that's basically his way of saying no without completely letting me down.

"pretty please," i said, giving him a sad look. "i don't even want to go."

"fine." he huffed out, rolling his eyes. "but you owe me for it. there's a party on friday night at brennens." he said.

"done. i'll let the girls know." i said, putting his folded sweatpants in their rightful drawer.

"please don't invite amber." he laughed. "she throws the whole vibe off."

"i won't invite her but she'll probably hear about it. she used to go to brennens parties." i told him. "he took stas out last night. she claims it wasn't a 'date' though."

"he told me that they made out afterwards." colby laughed.

"really? i haven't talked to her yet." i said.

"would you stop doing my laundry? it's making me feel bad." he laughed.

"if i dont do it, no one will." i laughed. "and anyways, you said you'd come to church with me so it's the least i can do."

"ayls, youre not my housewife... yet. dont worry about my laundry." he joked. "i'll do them within the next 8-10 business days."

"it's fine." i laughed. "i used to do the laundry all the time when i lived with my parents. i kinda miss it." i admitted.

"didn't you have a maid?" colby asked me, laughing.

"i did. i liked doing laundry though. it gave me something to do." i told him.

"you're such an interesting girl." he laughed. "it's crazy to think that i would've never gotten to know you if you didn't suck at driving."

"hey! that was mean." i laughed.

"but for real, i would've never approached you. i think you're as hot as hell, but you're so not my type... or what i thought my type was." he admitted to me.

"i think about that a lot too. i always thought i'd end up with a preppy boy who golfs with his dad on sundays after church. i would've never thought i'd end up with a grungey, badass." i laughed. "i'm so happy i did though." i grinned.

sure, i never experienced full badass colby... the boys always tell me it's just because colby has a soft spot for me and he doesn't want to scare me. but that night that nathan tried to kiss me, that's the worst thing colbys ever done in front of me... and it was only because he was defending me.

"i never thought i'd get a real girlfriend, let alone a girl like you." he said. i knew he didn't mean that in a bad way. we were basically perfect for each other, despite the fact that we're polar opposites.

"speaking of church, do you have something to wear? i can always order you something, or go to the store and pick you out something... because you can't just wear a nirvana shirt." i said with a laugh.

"probably not then." he said, sending a picture of me to our group chat, trying to prove that i'm 'the best girlfriend' since i'm doing his laundry. "but don't make me look like a prep." he said.

"i won't. i'll just get you black on black." i told him, finally putting the last, of like a thousand, killers shirts in the closet.

-

"your clothes came in!" i announced, letting myself into colbys room.

"ah yes, ayla, feel free to come into my room." he laughed.

"try this on." i said, handing him the black dress pants and the black button up shirt and ignoring his comment.

"okayyy." he said, dragging it out. he got up off his bed, discarding his sweatpants and pulling up the black pants. "i look so stupid." he chuckled.

"you don't even have a shirt on!" i said, rolling my eyes. he pulled the shirt on, quickly buttoning it and tucking it into his pants.

"i still look stupid." he groaned.

"you look cute." i smiled.

"i'm not going for 'cute' ayla." he chuckled, trying to fix himself in the mirror.

"well it was expensive, so you have to wear it." i told him, completely joking. i wasn't going to force him to wear it if he didn't like it.

"why would you spend money on me? especially for something i'll only wear once." he asked.

"because i love you." i laughed. "no, i just thought you look nice in it... and you can wear it if we ever go to a fancy dinner with my parents or something." i suggested, making him smile and roll my eyes at him.