3.8 - money issues.

"please let me pay for it." i practically begged colby. we had just landed in kansas and we were about to get a rental car for the next couple of days.

"no, babe. i've got it." he said, making me roll my eyes.

"you payed for the plane tickets, so please let me pay for the rental." i said. we were waiting in line, behind tara and jake and sam and kat.

"ayla-" he started.

"colby, you work so hard for your money. meanwhile, my parents just give me money. i can't just let you pay for everything." i scoffed, looking up at him.

"fine." he mumbled, turning away from me, making me roll my eyes. i didn't see why it had to be such a big fight.

after getting the car, colby and i were heading to his parents house. i smiled slightly, remembering what happened last time i was here. sure, the last trip had ended terribly but that was the night that i figured out that i was in love with colby.

"will you stop being mad at me?" i asked, quietly.

"i'm not mad at you." he said, barely glancing at me.

"i don't want to argue about money." i admitted to him.

"then stop trying to pay for everything." he scoffed. i cannot believe we're arguing over this right now.

"seriously?" i asked, my voice cracking slightly. "you're arguing with me over paying?"

"don't cry." he said, his voice not easing up, making more tears roll down my face. i hated arguing with people... it always made me cry.
"just stop offering." he said.

"i'm sorry that i'd rather pay for things and be able to spend time with you than have you work everyday and pay for everything." i scoffed.

"ayla- i appreciate that but seriously just stop." he said. "i can handle the money."

"that's not fair though." i said, my voice cracking again.

"stop crying!" he said, raising his voice a little, making me flinch, and cry a little harder. i turned my body away from his, not that he could really see me since it was dark out. "i- i'm sorry. i didn't mean to yell." he said.

i didn't say anything back. i just looked out the window and tried to calm myself down. i am literally the most over emotional person ever.

"i just didn't want my mom to know that you'd been crying. she'd give me so much shit for it." he said, trying to grab my hand. i let him, knowing he'd just get even more pissy with me if i pulled my hand away. "and because i hate it when you cry... god damnit ayla, i hate it so bad when you're upset."

when i didn't answer, he spoke up again. "i'm sorry, babe. i just want to be able to take care of you." he admitted.

"it's okay." i nodded, wiping the last of my tears. "but you don't need to take care of me. we're in this together." i smiled.

"i'm sorry i yelled. i know it scares you." he said, kissing my hand since it was about all he could do while driving.

"it's okay, bub." i smiled, actually feeling better now. "i love you."

"i love you, so so much, ayls." he smiled, his right hand moving from my hand to my thigh, in a comforting manner. "do you wanna go get taco bell so it doesn't look like i just made you cry?" he asked with a laugh.

"sounds like a plan." i smiled.

"but i'm paying." he said, making me smile and roll my eyes.