2.3 -  protected.

after my conversation with aj, i decided to sit in my car and eat the sushi that i had bought for colby, feeling like an idiot. why would he lie to me? was he cheating on me again?

i sighed, putting my car into drive and pulling out of the parking lot. i blasted sam smith songs the whole way back home, which wasn't a long drive as it is. i groaned, seeing a car in the driveway as i waited for the gate to open.

as i got further up the driveway, i realized that it was car i was unfamiliar with so i simply just rolled my eyes, hoping i wouldn't have to deal with anyone right now. slamming my car door shut, I moped up the driveway and typed the code into the door.

opening the door, i saw nathan sitting on my couch. could this day get any worse?

"what the hell are you doing here?" i asked him, walking straight passed him and into the kitchen.

"ayla, i need to talk to you." he said, getting up to follow me.

"talk about how you left my best friend because you have a crush?" i huffed out, putting the rest of my sushi in the fridge. "did you finally realize that you fucked up and now you want her back?"

"actually, quite the opposite." he said. making me give him a side eye. also, how did he get into my house?

"how did you get in here?" i asked him.

"i saw the code on nastassias phone one time. 2626 is not that hard to guess anyways." he laughed. i continued to glare at him.

"so why exactly are you here?" i asked.

"ayla, i like you... like a lot." he started but i cut him off.

"what the actual fuck?" i said, backing up from him.

"i know i shouldn't because i dated your friend... but i've liked you since before nastassia and i started dating. you were the innocent but secretly wild girl. everyone had a crush on you in high school. and sure, nastassia is pretty and she's fun but she's not you. so once i found out that you and your boyfriend broke up, i decided that now was my chance."

"colby and i are still together." i defended. "i can't believe you would do that to stas." i said, attempting to walk away. he grabbed my wrist, pulling me into him. "you're hurting me." i whined out, his grip on my wrist loosening just the slightest bit, still hurting.

"just give me a chance, baby. you'll forget all about your boyfriend." he said, forcing his lips onto mine, making me turn my face.

"let go of me." i groaned, bringing my knee up to meet where the sun doesn't shine. his grip lightened and i was able to get away, running up the stairs. i could tell he wasn't too far behind me but i was far enough away that i was able to slam my door and lock it, immediately clicking on colbys name. he may have lied to me but i am scared shitless and he was the only person i wanted right now.

"ayla-" he started but i cut him off.

"colby, i need you to come over right now." i said. he definitely could tell i was crying.

"why? are you okay? i'm on my way." i heard him say, his ignition starting in the background. "what's happening baby? are you at home?" he asked me.

"yes." i said, my voice breaking.

"ayla, open the fucking door." i heard nathan say.

"who was that?" colby asked me, sounding so concerned.

"colby, i'm scared." i said.

"the gate is opening. i'll be up in two minutes, just stay where you are." he said. i looked out my window.

"ayla!" nathan banged on the door. that must of made colby pissed, seeing that he was too impatient for the gate to open. he got out of his car, slamming the door shut and sprinting up the driveway. i heard the door fumble behind me, making me turn towards it.

there nathan stood, throwing a bobby-pin on the floor.

"why the hell would you do-" he started but colbys voice boomed through the house.

"ayla! where are you?" he yelled. before i could respond, nathan's hand was holding my mouth shut. i glared at him, knowing he was quite literally nothing compared to colby. "ayla?"

i saw colby, his eyes connecting to mine as he looked into my room. i swear i saw his eyes flash red as he charged towards nathan.

"get the fuck off of her!" colby yelled, pushing him onto the floor. i watched colbys fist connect with his face, making my stomach churn. i had to look away, not wanting to see anymore blood than what was already pouring out of nathan's nose. and i surely didn't want to see colby get hurt.

after a minute or two, colby grabbed my arm, gently but it still startled me, making me jump and then turn towards him.

"are you okay?" he asked me, examining my face. "what the hell happened?" he asked me, making me look at the bloody boy on the floor. colby seemed unphased by what just happened, his whole focus was only on me.

"he- he tried to kiss me and i- i ran." i started, breaking out into a sob. i don't even know why i was so upset. i guess it was just shock.

"did he hurt you?" colby asked me, taking my hand in his. my eyes trailed down to my wrist, his eyes following it. seeing the slightly bruised area, i watched colby go back over to the boy, his hard shoe kicking him in the face, making me gasp and back away a tiny bit. i could tell colby wanted to kill him, that is until he heard me speak up.

"please stop." i said, my voice tiny and frail. his eyes softened as he looked at me. he nodded to me, looking at the boy on the floor.

"you have 10 seconds to leave. if you ever mess with ayla, or even nastassia again, i will find your ass and you'll be dead." colby said. i don't think i'd ever seen anyone move as quickly as nathan did, getting up off my floor, blood dripping onto the hardwood. colby started counting down from ten and the boy ran out of my room.

"thank you." i said, my voice still small.

"of course. are you okay?" he asked me.

"i'm fine. i think i'm just a little nervous." i laughed.

"is your wrist okay?" he asked, looking down at them.

"yeah, i'm good. thank you, again. who knows what would have happened."

"i'll always protect you, ayla." he whispered, kissing my temple.