4.1 - ambers boy

christmas had come and gone, and so had colbys birthday. my lil capricorn. and valentine's day.

colby and i's relationship hit a rough patch in mid january... if that's what you want to call it.
colby and i had gotten into a huge fight about our future. i wanted to eventually get married and have kids and he said he never wanted to get married and there's a small chance hed want to have kids. i told him that our future goals didn't match up and that it was probably for the better if we didn't waste each other's time any longer.

for nearly a month, i didn't talk to him at all... and then he came over and told me he'd tried to change the way he viewed the situation and try to come up with a compromise because he can't live without me. and i was okay with that. i couldn't live without him either. i told him i'd try to loosen up on the situation as well.

"stop being a dick to her." colby warned mike. he was jokingly making fun of me for crying during a scary movie. to be honest, i'd seen the movie before and didn't think it was that scary but man my period really makes my emotions go all over the place. we were all just joking around about it.

"sorry, princess ayla. i forgot your guard dog was here." mike joked, making all of us laugh. i got off of the couch, heading to fridge to get colby a beer since his was almost empty. the boys always joke about how this small action i do is 'wifey material.'

jake and sam were in a very intense game of super smash bro's. to be honest, sam is the best player at the game but colby likes to argue that that is false.

kat, athen and devyn were making a tik tok while tara, stas and i baked cookies for everyone... and while they cooked, we'd go hang out with our boyfriends.

stas and brennen became official and they've been dating for several months. colby and i would be celebrating our one year on june 5th. granted it's only march but we've definitely had our ups and downs throughout our relationship so this was exciting. and we had a little bit of an on/ off situation but we kinda just played it off like that didn't happen.

i handed colby the beer, sitting down on his lap like i had been previously. "thanks babe." he whispered to me, not wanting to interrupt the conversation around us.

"hey guys!" i heard ambers voice as she entered the house.

"hey." i yelled back. "we're in the living room."

"oh... i didn't know we had company." she said, looking around the room. "so what's up?"

"we're just hanging out if you wanna join us." kat offered.

"my boyfriend is coming over in like ten minutes, so sure." she smiled, sitting on the floor.

"since when do you have a boyfriend?" i asked, laughing.

"it's only been about a week. he's the best though!" she exclaimed.

"maybe she'll hop off of your dick now." i whispered to colby, making him laugh.

i watched as sam annihilate jake in super smash bro's, barely listening to the conversation that the group around me was having. i excused myself to go get another mikes harder lemonade.

sitting back on colbys lap, due to limited couch space, he grabbed the bottle out of my hand because he knows i struggle to get the caps off of the bottles. i smiled, taking the open bottle from him with a gentle thank you. i saw amber get up, going to the door.

"guys, this is my boyfriend nathan." she introduced when she came back. my heart sank into my stomach and i felt colby tense up behind me. i noticed everyone was just staring at him. "guys?" she questioned.

"get the fuck out." colby calmly said from behind me.

"what the fuck?" amber said, giving colby a look of disapproval. stas, who was cuddled up with brennen, had a horrified look on her face. the whole room was tense and it was making me even more nervous than i could describe.

"you need to leave, man." jake said to him, seeming even more chill than normal.

"i don't think that'll be necessary." nathan smirked, his eyes locking with mine.

"please leave." i gently spoke up, everyone looking at me.

"what the hell is your problem, guys?" amber asked, acting stupid.

"amber, stop acting like you don't know the history behind nathan and all of us. you were here when nastassia and i came home crying because he hit us. you were here when we filed police reports against him. i don't want him in my fucking house." i said slowly, making sure my voice didn't crack.

"i live here too!" she exclaimed.

"your name isn't on the lease... we can easily kick you out." athen defended.

"you all are so fucking stupid. let's go, nath." she said, walking back out the door.

"what the fuck was that?" stassie asked, a shocked look on her face.