4.6 - back home.

"are you guys ready for a 20 hour road trip?" i asked the girls.

"i'm so ready!" lucy exclaimed from the back seat. laci had agreed to let them come stay in LA for a few days after the girls bugged her a bunch and i assured her that they would be well taken care of.

"do you guys wanna get starbucks before we go?" i asked, looking to colby to make sure that was okay because he's driving. he gave me a slight nod and the girls both said yes.

-

"they're both asleep." i laughed to colby, looking back at them. he quickly looked back before focusing on the road again, letting out a chuckle.

"i'm not surprised." he laughed, grabbing my hand.

"i was thinking we could take them to disney while they're in LA... i feel like that's a bucket list thing." i told him, making him sigh.

"that's expensive though, babe." he said, giving me an 'im sorry' look.

"don't worry about it, i'll pay for them." i smiled, knowing it might take some convincing. the two of us both have year passes, thanks to my parents. they got them for us at christmas.

"no." he simply said.

"colby, i want to take them. it's really not a problem. if you don't want to go then i'll just take them by myself while you're at work." i told him, knowing he'd have to go if i gave him no other option.

"fine." he huffed.

"i love youuu." i grinned.

"i love you too." he said, cracking a smile.

"i miss your blue hair." i said, running my hand through his hair that had faded back to its natural dark brown color.

"i thought you liked the purple." he said.

"i do. but the blue was probably my favorite." i told him.

"well i guess we have to buy some hair dye when we get back home." he told me, making me smile. i do love the blue hair.

"hmm should we dye mine too?" i asked him.

"that'd be hot. what a power move." he said.

"maybe only a little though... i don't wanna steal kats thunder." i joked, turning the volume up for the wallows song that was playing.

"we'll need to stop for gas soon. we're almost empty." he said after a few minutes, glancing down at the gas meter thing.

"good, cause i need to pee. we should probably feed the girls... it's almost two in the morning and they have eaten since 6. that's like 8 hours." i said, making him laugh.

"what do you want to eat?" he asked me, tapping his fingers on my leg to the beat of the cage the elephant song.

"i don't care. i'm down for anything." i told him.

"mcdonald's is probably the only place opened... unless you just want to get food from a gas station for now." he said.

"mcdonald's works, i guess." i said, typing it into google maps. shortly after, i woke the girls up so they could get out of the car to use the bathroom at the gas station. 8/20 hours down, 12 to go.

"i can drive after we eat." i offered.

"i'll be good for a few more hours, babe." he told me, kissing my temple as we pulled further up through the drive thru line.

-

"welcome to my house." i smiled, letting the girls in. we had just gotten back from our 20 hour kansas road trip. it's around 5pm now since we hit some LA traffic and made quite a few stops on the way home.

"it's so pretty." lauren said, admiring the area.

"thanks." i smiled. "while you guys are here, this is your house too. so you can use pretty much anything and eat any of our food." i told them.

"ayla, are you home?" i heard nastassia yell from the kitchen. i led the girls that way, planning to introduce them to anyone who was home.

"hey, this is lucy and lauren, colbys cousins. they'll be staying with us for a few days." i introduced them. tara, stas and kat all introduced themselves to the girls and then told me athen was out on a date with mikey so she wasn't home.

i took the girls up to their room for the week, letting them get situated. i told them that colby and i would take them out for dinner. colby had gone back to his place for the time being so he could get a shower and unpack. i could tell we're going to have a fun week.