2.9 - amber.

"hey, i'm ayla." i smiled to our new roommate.

"amber." she smiled. she was a short girl, probably just slightly taller than tara. she had short dirty blonde hair, a slight bang situation going on. her eyes were brown from what i could tell. she's pretty. i like her style.

all of us girls were welcoming her into our little friend group. we decided to help her take her boxes up to her room, trying to bond with her so that there was no awkwardness within the house. she seemed really nice and we were all getting along really well.

"so how long have you all known each other?" amber asked us.

"stas, athen and i have been friends since preschool. and then we met tara and kat a couple of months ago." i told her.

"do you guys have boyfriends... or girlfriends?" she asked, trying to get to know us.

"all of us but stassie. aylas boyfriend, kats boyfriend and my boyfriend all live next door." tara said.

"and athens boyfriend lives like five minutes away." kat added.

"what about you? anyone special in your life?" i asked her.

"not right now." she laughed. "there was this one boy and i had the biggest crush on him but we hooked up and then stopped talking... so i've kinda just been chilling since then." she laughed.

"at least i'm not the only single one in the house anymore!" stas exclaimed.

"speaking of, all of the boys and dev are coming over later tonight for a pizza night. i hope that's okay with you, amber." i smiled to her.

"oh yeah! i don't mind at all. you guys can have whoever over whenever. it doesn't bug me." she smiled. okay she's pretty chill.

"cool! you'll get to meet like all of our friends tonight." i laughed.

"is brennen coming?" stas asked. she took a major liking to him at the party a few nights ago.

"brennen taylor?" amber asked.

"yeah... you know him?" stas asked.

"barely... i've been to a few parties at his place. he seems cool." she said.

"he's coming tonight. i made sure barney invited him." i joked... colby had dyed his hair back to the purpley tips, rather than the blue that it had been so now everyone was back to calling him barney. i did make sure that brennen was invited so that stas could see him.

"barney?" amber asked with a laugh.

"that's my boyfriend. he has purple hair." i told her, laughing.

"oh." she laughed. "where did you two meet?" she asked.

"i accidently ran into his car." i laughed.

"ah, what a great love story." she laughed back.

-

"hi baby!" i squealed when colby walked in, throwing me over his shoulder. he walked us through the living room and into the kitchen.

"hey princess." he said and i could tell he was smirking. he tapped my butt, setting me down on the kitchen counter. "i love these leggings on you." he said, picking at the pink pair of lulu lemons i had on. he leaned in, kissing my neck, trailing up to my lips.

"thank you." i giggled. "you'll get to meet our new roommate tonight." i told him, hoping off of the counter.

"is she cool?" he asked me.

"seems like it. she's been pretty nice so far." i told him.

"cool. when are we getting dinner?" he asked me, grabbing a white claw out of the fridge.

"get me one too. i think everyone is coming over at 7." i told him as he handed me a mango white claw.

"do you wanna go up to your room until they get here?" colby asked me with a smirk. i knew what he had in mind.

"you read my mind, loser." i laughed.

-

"we have to go back downstairs. sam and jake just got here." i laughed.

"i just wanna lay in bed all day with you." he groaned.

"get up." i laughed, getting out of bed to put my leggings on. "god colby, my hair." i said, looking in the mirror.

"what're you talking about? it looks great." he laughed. "you're worried about your hair? what about the hickeys on your neck?" he asked.

"oh my gosh. i didn't even notice that." i groaned. "guess i can't pull my hair up like i wanted." i said, walking into the bathroom to attempt to fix my hair.

"put your shirt on, you whore." i joked to colby, walking back into my room.

"mhm... says the girl who was screaming my name a few-" he started.

"ah ah, just get up." i laughed.

"fine." he groaned, getting out of my bed. "do i have time to smoke?" he asked, kissing my shoulder from behind me.

"you have... two minutes." i said, looking at my phone.

"i can make it work." he said, walking out onto my balcony, still shirtless. i laughed at the sight, following him out. "you want one?" he asked me.

"no." i sighed, sitting next to him. "i kinda want to get a tattoo." i admitted.

"really?" he asked me.

"yeah... did they hurt?" i asked him.

"not too bad... the wolf was probably the worst one." he said, putting out his cigarette. "i'll take you if you seriously want one." he offered.

"i'll think about it." i told him, grabbing his hand to lead him out of my room and down the stairs. "what do you call a man with a rubber toe?" i asked colby.

"i don't know." he laughed.

"roberto." i laughed, making him join me.

"you're such a loser." he laughed, kissing my cheek as we continued to laugh at the ridiculous dad joke.

"hey guys." i heard tara say when we reach the bottom of the stairs, both of us still laughing.

"colby?" i heard amber say.

"oh you two know each other?" i asked, colby putting his arms around me from behind.

"no." colby answered at the exact same time that amber said "yes." making me look at them, confused.

"we hooked up one time." amber said, shooting colby a glare.

"did we?" he asked her, physically trying to think about it. what the hell am i getting myself into?