»Chapter~18

She started tearing up, her voice shaking. "T-here is also this w-woman who tells m-me to run away b-before she g-gets forced on her k-knees and then shot in her h-head."

I patted her back trying to calm her down. "I don't know who these people are. They have been in my dreams as long as I remember."

With that she did the most unexpected thing, she tried hugging me with her small arms buring her face in my chest.

Y/n had her arms wrapped around mine as well so I couldn't move my hands. I struggled a bit, freed myself and then wrapped my arms snuggly around her slender figure. Running fingers through her hair I tried to comfort her as she wetted my shirt with her tears.

I just wanted to hug her tightly forgetting what happened a few hours ago and just be like this feeling the warmth comforting us both. I loved her scent. But I knew better, I didn't want her to know that I was being clingy and liked the hug. I would get myself embarrassed. So I stiffened up and pulled out my professional facade.

She seemed to realise what she was doing and quickly pulled back. "I'm sorry." She sniffed and muttered in a tiny voice. Her cheeks had visibly growing red. Y/n lifted her hoodie paws and wiped the tears off her now red cheeks.

I literally awwed at her but stopped myself on time. The light of the table lamp illuminated her pale features.

"It's ok. Do you want a hug?" I asked her smiling genuinely.

She shook her head in response. "I'm fine." She said. I rolled my eyes and pulled back into my her into embrace.

"You rolled your eyes again." Her voice sounded muffled as her face was in my chest. I felt her soft breaths.

I just chuckled and ruffled her hair. "It will be alright. Don't think about it much. Consider it as an alternate reality. Somewhere, where you can escape from the real world." I smiled bitterly. She hugged me tighter.

I wish I had a somewhere like this.

"You alright now?" I asked as I moved my thumb in circles on her skin. She hummed.

"Are you still scared?" I asked her. She looked at me in the eyes. The emotions were reflecting myself back to me. The deeper me.

We both were lonely, tired and scared.

"Do you want me to sleep on the couch in your room?" I asked motioning to the couch behind us.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable. You are my guest." Y/n stated.

"Don't worry about it." I said as I ruffled with her soft hair and brought pillows and a blanket from the guest room.

I made my self comfortable on the couch and waved at her across her room. "I'm right here." I assured her and smiled.

She looked down and smiled. "I know you are uncomfortable in that couch. Thank you sir, for everything."

"Since you know that I cannot fit on the couch, would you mind if I slept in your bed?" I smirked at her wanting to see her facial expressions. She seemed stunned. Her face looked time a freshly ripped red tomato.