»Chapter~68

Mrs. Kim gulped as Jungkook looked straight in her eyes.

He had done this for the last 6 years and knew how humans disguise lie as truth too much. He had mastered the art of reading too perfectly.

"I just want her to happy." She said and sighed. "Yes she is not my daughter."

He had prayed this to be opposite but wasn't blind to the facts. Since yesterday Jungkook had been noting the woman's slightest expression and words. And he's never wrong.

He knew this was bound to happen.

Her eyes filled with tears as she wetted her now dry lips. Jungkook immediately handed her a glass of water from the kitchen and kneeled down besides her grasping her old wrinkly hands in his young ones and warm ones. "Look Mrs. Kim, I know you love y/n dearly like she's own daughter. I need to know. I want to marry your daughter. But I think I'm related to her past before you found her. And can't help feeling guilty about it till I know how she end up being orphaned. Please, I need to know."

Your mom nodded before placing the glass on the coffee table. She cleared her throat before starting.
"We found y/n when she was around 8. Me and my husband had gone to Busan for a trip. While we were camping besides a river at night, we found her passed out, drifting in the water current and immediately ran to help. We first thought that the girl was dead but a lot of water had filled her lungs preventing her from breathing."

Jungkook sucked in breath and nodded.

"I wasn't able to conceive a child as a young woman so after much trouble we adopted her. We were getting old so we really had to think about our choice to raise a kid at that age. But she was so beautiful that we couldn't resist her so we made her our own. She surely was an angel sent from heaven to make our lives beautiful." Jungkook felt his heart hammering.

"Does she remember anything before drowning?"

"No. But she used to. She had a severe trauma and always used to scream for her real mom. She had insomnia and used to get panic attacks. Y/n had a phobia of knives and water for almost two years. We took her to various doctors but couldn't understand what happened to her because she used to hide in the corner and cry out loud covering her ears during her sessions. She couldn't even say her real name."

"How did she forget everything?" Jungkook waited anxiously for the answer while nibbling on his lips.

"The situation got out of control when she started having seizures and hallucinations about things she didn't want to talk about even to the psychiatrists. She just used to scream 'mom' on the top of her lungs. She was afraid of men. She used to refuse even staying with my husband alone for a few minutes and used to run away even if he touched her slightly. The police thought maybe she was abused but the reports never claimed of any sexual harassment. Just some minor concussions on her body. So the doctors suggested a drug which made her forget everything in the past and then created random new memories which were fake so she would forget about the incidence and live a normal life."

Jungkook sucked in lips and nodded. "Do you have any reports from her doctors?"

The woman nodded. "Would you allow me to see them."

"Sure. But they are on the top in the store room. We didn't want her to find it so we hid the adoption papers and all her medical reports."

Jungkook entered the dim lit room and started shuffling through the cob webs and dust accumulated in the seldom entered room to find the box which your mother had described.

He took it downstairs. "Do you think y/n would be angry if she finds out?" She asked him.

Jungkook sweetly smiled at her. "No, she won't. She's really understanding and she loves you. She knows how much trouble you both took for her even though you weren't her real parents. Yes, she may have an initial shock from the sudden information but would overcome it quickly. She would never hate you. Y/n is a strong girl and always thinks rational. Nothing would change her love for you."