»Chapter~69

Should I really do this?

Jungkook was on the side of road considering his options. He looked at his bracelet.

If I go there, I don't think I would return back the way I'm right now. I'm going to regret my decision.

What if I forget everything and just go back to Seoul? Forget all the links, all the data I've formed till now?

But the urge would never subside.

I don't want to find the truth, but my feet are taking me directly towards the hellhole.

I'm going to regret this.

Jungkook was in Busan right now, each and every memory flooding back to him. He felt sick.

The man dressed in all black with a hoodie over his head entered the police station. He showed his black card to the man sitting in front.

The rookie officer looked at him in shock and quickly checked the card in the machine confirming it's authenticity. He carefully studied the man but couldn't look at his face because the black mask and the cap he wore under his hood.

Only his sharp chilling eyes which showed no emotion.

He had went through the training and clearly remembered what has to be done when someone shows up with a black card which was almost never. A black card was almost fictional thing.

But here he was under the dark prying eyes of someone who held a black card.

A weird wave of eirre danger radiated off the unknown man.

Each pair of eyes in the police station were now on him some stared in shock while others in just amusement to see someone with that card up close.

No questions were asked.

The officer hands him the keys of the record room and directs the hoodied man towards it.

Jungkook sat in the dim lit room searching around in a computer. Cases from thirteen years before flooded on the screen. An office around the age of 50 entered the room with nervousness etching over his features.

"Have a seat." Jungkook said calmly pointing at the chair infront of him.

"So, what happened that day?"

"We found the girl drowning in the river at 10:26 that night. The next morning we found a corpse of a woman in her 30's at a different location. She was beaten, sexually abused and shot in the head before throwing the body in the river. Her face was disfigured therefore we never knew who it was." Jungkook nodded. "The next day, locals found pieces of body washed up on the banks. The corpse was of a man being chopped into pieces. Since we kept getting three bodies with consecutive days in the same river, we thought of some link between them."

"So, did you find any thing?"

"Yes. Since the little girl was traumatized after events but showed no signs of abuse except minor concussions, we thought it was something related to the woman. So we found traces of semen and other disturbing tortures on the woman's body. Assuming they were connected, we did a gene test to confirm the link." Jungkook sucked in breath waiting for the next sentence.

"The girl was her daughter." He licked his lips and clenched his jaw trying to calm down.

"W-What about the man?"

"We thought that it was a family murder case, so we performed a paternity test."

"And?"

"They all were a family."