> YOUR TYPE OF MIND

alexa.

"how's the album release going, hun?" my mom asked my older brother as i get ready to head put the door to jack and celeste's house.

"it's going, mum." he answers. "i was about to head to the store with sierra. hey, where's alexa?"

i stopped in my tracks and mentally groaned, knowing my mom would point and show me to luke.

and just as i thought.

she turned the camera towards me and she made a gesture— telling me to smile.

"hey lex, where you heading?" he asks, making my mom then say—

"yeah, where are you going?"

is she forgetting i go to celeste and jacks house all the time? she should've just assumed, right?

"celeste and jacks," i say in a duh tone. she gives me strict look, but quickly wipes it off.

the only reason i was home was because i was grabbing clean clothes because i had ran out at jacks house.

"oh. i see, alright well have fun." she murmurs, "oh— by the way, alexa, can you bring this package to jack?"

she sets down the computer, making me and luke face-to-computer.

"your brother was going to stop by yesterday, but he was busy with taking you places for the debate team."

i look to my backpack, making a face and then nodding at my mom. "sure, i can fit it."

i put it into my backpack, thankful that i was ready to go and didn't have to face-computer luke anymore.

"mum isn't it a bit late?"

luke's big ass mouth just had to speak, of course.

"it's a little scary for her to ride all the way to jacks house, isn't it?"

god, how i wanted to strangle him.

"no." my mom responded, "she does this all the time. plus it's only a ten minute bike ride."

thank you mom.

she kisses my forehead, turning the computer towards her again and smiling.

"okay, bye mom. bye luke."

i thank god that i was leaving. i grab my keys and rush out the door.

luke.

no. i don't know my sixteen year old sister that much. but was it really my fault?

whenever mom facetimes, she's either about to leave or has already left.

you can say i'm jealous.

"bye luke." then the front door slams.

"mom, why is she always at jacks house?" i ask with jealousy lacing my voice.

"she practically lives there, luke." she rolls hee eyes. "she doesn't want to bother your father and i."

"i miss you." i sigh out, dismissing the subject of alexa.

"we saw eachother a while ago." she laughs.

"no, i know. i miss you, jack, dad, ben and alexa."

"flights are cheap." she hums, "you could come down anytime you want."

"i might."

"you could actually talk to your little sister." she says, giving me a 'mom' look.

mom, she's hardly there when i'm there.

"but you know, she doesn't go back to school for a while. you could fly her down and have her stay there."

i scoff, shaking my head.

"she would hate that. and me."

"no offense luke, but you hardly know alexa. you left when she was 7 and you guys were inseparable. cmon luke. at least try to get to know her." she rambled.

"luke do you even know your sisters birthday?"

i stare at her in disbelief. i'm not a hooligan, i know my sisters birthday.

"you think so low of me. it's june 5th."

"are you serious, luke?" she gasps. "it's june 4th. look, i'm not mad. but you hardly pay attention to the obvious, son. you don't even follow her on instagram. you need to make an effort."

and with that, she hangs up on me.

i groan loudly, rolling my eyes and putting my head into my hands.

"what's wrong?" sierra walks in with two cups of tea, which i happily take.

"my moms mad at me because she thinks i don't know anything about alexa." i threw my hands up in frustration.

"to be fair luke, she's kinda right. everyone expect you follow her."

i take out my phone, and head over to my instagram posts.

"luke she's your sister. and everyone knows. you cannot just not follow her."

maybe sierra and my mom are right.

"mom mentioned her coming down since she's out of school due to covid." i tell her.

"i'd love that!" she jumps a little.

"would you?" i laugh, smiling as she smiles with joy.

"i would. but she probably wouldn't accept, i won't do it if she doesn't want to see me." i sigh sadly, and my lips go into a frown.

"well ask ash, cal and michael." she says. "see what they think."

l.
hey. i have an important question, guys.

m.
what's up?

c.
what

a.
?

l.
so you know alexa? better known as lex? i
need help deciding something.

c.
i think we should be asking you if you
know alex.

m.
^

l.
my mom mentioned since she's out of
school due to covid that i should fly her
down and hang out until the week before she goes back.

a.
she would hate that. but i'm down!

m.
i miss her:(

c.
id love it if she came down, but you better
not force her.

l.
i wont, calum. can i have her number?