> THEN I KNOW

luke.

my hands turning white as i grip the steering wheel, calum annoying me by constantly asking thousands of questions.

"what do you mean you're gonna keep her, mate?"

i grumble loudly, turning my head to meet his gaze and giving him a death stare.

"you think im going to let her go home after what i've seen?" i snort. "i cant. not with that psychopath." i say.

he simply nods, not answering my last statement and biting his lip as if he's thinking.

"thank you, by the way. you know, for letting her stay at your house since michael is in the process of moving out."

michael groans from the back, upset that i mentioned him moving out.

"my back is fucking killing me." he complained.

i let out a chuckle, looking in the mirror to the annoyed face michael. i moved my eye view to in front of me to see the car in front of me.

los angelos traffic sucks.

"what happens if your mom wins the battle and she gets custody?" ashton asks, silence filling the car.

the question i was dreading. i hadn't truly thought of this question yet, the aftermath, and what could happen if alexa does go back with our mom.

i loved having her with me, i had grown to love my little sisters company and i like to think she has too.

i especially wasn't going to let her travel with covid cases rising, yeah no way.

"she won't." i let out a deep breathe i was holding in, being solid with my answer.

i took a very, very long thought process for the answer to ashton's question. truly, what was i going to do?

"you don't know that."

that responded with a smack from michael hitting ashton in the face or arm, and an angry tone of voice.

"don't fucking say that, dipshit."

meanwhile back in australia. . .

"mom, you're not actually going to seriously try and take her away from him, are you?"

jack was baffled by his moms decisions, how could his sweet, loving mother do such a thing?

it was crazy to the older hemming brother. he stood there stunned as he watched his mother walk around.

meanwhile, liz was determined to get her seventeen year old daughter back.

it was not the fact that liz wanted to steal her from luke, it was that she was lonely. her husband was in police custody, her sons probably didn't like her at the moment, but she could make her seventeen year daughter love her.

"she's mine." liz snaps, "she's my daughter. luke is only new to the brother thing, he is hardly capable of taking care of alexa."

it was true, what liz said.

luke was necessarily new to the whole brother thing, he didn't know much about his seventeen year old sister. but he was truly trying to get to know her and become better.

"you let me take care of her," jack argues back. "i am the exact same as luke."

jack, luke and ben are basically the exact same, only few years apart. they all had their fair share of taking care of their younger sister.

but nonetheless, jack knew more about taking care of alexa then luke, there was no denying it.

the hemmings brother moved stood in front of his delirious mom, her hand holding a light purple bag.

like i said, she was determined to see and take her daughter.

"move it, jack." liz spat, "im getting my daughter back even if it's the last thing i do."