> THEN I KNOW

unknown.

it had been days, maybe weeks leading up to this moment. today was the day that alexa would finally be mine.

i slowly made my way into the house without sounding the alarms. her keys and wallet sat down on the kitchen island.

bad idea, alexa.

i grabbed both of them and put them into my backpack.

i made my way up the stairs and into the non-empty room. i opened the door a little to see a sleeping alexa.

i walked up next to her and saw a note laying down next to her.

hi baby, you fell asleep while i was cleaning and i brought you here. i would've stayed but today is studio day:( i'll be home soon! stay safe and drink some water. i love you
cal xx

ugh! gross.

i carefully went to pick her up as the backup i had brought put chloroform onto a napkin.

she started to stir and flutter her eyes open. her eyes grew wide once she saw me.

"what the fuck are you doing here—" she yells.

"night night." i evilly grin.

my backup put the napkin over her nose and she immediately passed out once she breathed in.

perfect plan.

we walked out the back door and towards the car. we were careful not to get on any of her cameras.

i stroked her hair as she slept in my lap. "i love you."

calum.

i winced, feeling the pain in my back as i slowly sat up. fuck, my bad is killing me.

i rubbed my eyes, looking to the clock and seeing the time.

six thirty am.

fuck— fuck, im late!

i quickly got up and threw on a nice t shirt and jeans. i brushed through my hair quickly and putting on a chain necklace that michael gave me.

i put on my shoes and grabbed a piece of gum because i didn't have time to brush my teeth.

i shot a text to alexa.

hi honey!! goodmorning, make sure to keep cool today! i love youuuu x

normally she wouldn't be awake at this time so i didn't mind when she didn't answer.

i rushed down to the kitchen and grabbed my car keys and everything. i had decided i would pick up starbucks on the way home.

i had to be in the studio at eight am sharp. and los angelos traffic is so bad on mondays.

"fuck—" i quickly told myself, grabbing everything and rushing out to the car.

i looked to the time. seven twenty five.

i pulled out of my driveway, looking to my cup holder and then back at the road.

a little while later, i was behind a slow ass fucking driver.

"fucking idiot— MOVE!" i yelled, changing lands and driving down passed him.

"good god." i mumbled, turning into the studio parking lot and parking as quickly as i could.

i hurried in, seeing everyone with worried faces on. i furrowed my eyebrows. "we're you guys actually worried about me that bad? aw how sweet—"

"has alexa texted you?" luke asked quickly, dismissing what i said before. his face was overridden with concern.

"no?" i grew concerned myself. "it's early, she's probably sleeping. what's the big deal?" i laugh nervously.

"no! calum, it's her first job interview today. she would never miss this."

oh fucking shit.