CAN I START ANOTHER LIFE WITH YOU? <

alexa.

i was exhausted, to say the least.

it didn't help that i knew i couldn't sleep on an airplane, at all— which led to only sleeping thirty minutes out of a fourteen hour flight.

as we walked out of the hallway, calum was holding my shoulder— or hovering his arm over it. the pilot laughed as we exited.

"sleepy." calum laughed to him.

anyway, calum still held my shoulder; but tighter. we walked out of the gate to maybe about ten people screaming.

once the four took photos and we were able to get out of the ten fans, we all took a breather.

and then suddenly luke leaned down to me, making me slowly look to him with a confused and tired expression.

"doesn't he look familiar?"

i lifted my head up fully, seeing the person i used to spend my everyday life with in front of me.

i let out a gasp, dropping the bag in my hand and running full speed to my favourite brother. jack already had his arms open, ready for me to tackle into them.

when i reached him, i leaped into his arms and immediately felt two strong arms around me.

we hugged for a good two minutes before he let me down from our hugging, cupping my face and examining my face.

"fuck you are so much brighter," he exhaled after letting go. "welcome home, lexa."

two hours later.

"draco and harry shouldn't have become enemies, i personally wouldn't liked the movies a lot better if they were best friends. just imagine it, you all."

everyone's head turned to the person who made the noise, which was obviously michael. i was startled at the sudden noise from the complete silence.

"you know what," ashton responded after a second of silence, "i agree. it would've been way more entertaining."

i shrug at their statements. "more interesting if they were frenemies," i correct. "not total friends. draco should've been seen as someone who was forced to became the way he was, not the bad guy."

"but, lex, he is the bad guy—"

"no," i narrow my eyes at calum. "hes not."

he raises his hands in defense, shaking his head and physically disagreeing with my thoughts.

"no, cal, she's got a point." luke agreed, "i mean— he's just a boy."

i smile at my brothers agreement with my belief. i snuggle farther into celeste's side with her arm wrapped around me protectively.

i close my eyes, listening to the four argue about harry potter while jack tries to yell shut up to them several times.

i space out eventually, feeling celeste braid and unbraid my hair constantly. and like i predicted, i eventually fall asleep.

luke.

i notice jack watching something, and i turn my head to see alexa asleep in celeste's chest. her chest clearly falling and rising.

"gosh." jack says, catching everyone from our arguments. "she looks so much healthier, and just so much happier and brighter. you're doing better than i thought, mate."

"thank you." i thank my brother, "we've tried. it hasn't been easy since she and i didn't talk for months on end. but we've tried."

his eyes flicker from my eye contact to celeste and alexa. celeste is clearly smiling as wide as she can, happiness coming from her mood. alexa is sleeping soundly as she braids and unbraids her hair.

"i miss her. a lot. she made my life so much more interesting, her energy." jack brings his lips into a fine line.

"you know— you both should come to america. it's nearly may, which means spring for us. come down and we can do whatever."

calum interrupts the heartfelt conversation with a loud groan. "i'm fucking tired."

i look down to the floor, making myself realize how fucking tired i am. i bring my elbows above my head and stretch them, also cracking a joint.

"alrighty. i'll bring alexa to bed—"

jack stood up quickly, interrupting my last set of words. "no, i will."

i couldn't help but feel jealous. jack got her for her entire life, and as soon as i get her he complains about not having her.

i try to dust away the feeling of jealously, realizing it's dumb for me to get jealous and worked up over nothing.

so, i simply watch as jack picks up alexa bridal style and swiftly walks down the dark hallway. i gulp, and let out a breathe that's been dying to come out.