LONELY.

calum.
hospital, two am.

"he was a teenager. probably around alexa's age, he seemed to be absolutely infuriated with her. i mean- photos of her everywhere." he exasperated, "her at the gym, her at her new house, her everywhere."

i felt my fist clench and my jaw tighten.

"what's his name?" sierra asked.

"dylan arlington. ring a bell?"

i shook my head. as did the rest of us. "no i've never heard of him."

the officer continued, "the court said whenever alexa feels better and is out of the hospital, they can get a court date set up but no rush."

luke's lips turned into a smile. "thank you."

"my pleasure." and with that, he left.

the doctor informed us that she would most definitely wake up soon and that she would already be halfway fully recovered.

music to my ears.

i had been paying her house bills and keeping it tidy for her. i erased every evidence that anyone was ever there.

once everything dies down, i will be changing her locks.

"are you okay?" ashton asked me. he sat next to me and handed me a water.

"yeah."

"you sure?" he raised an eyebrow.

i looked at him confused. "why are you asking?"

he smirked and let out a low laugh, "not feeling any type of feelings for someone?"

i felt my cheeks flush and i shook my head immediately. "no."

"you're a bad liar, hood." he chuckled, "i notice these things. you have been at alexa's house every day."

"not everyday." i snarl. "alexa is luke's little sister, who happens to be my best friend! see? innocence."

"right! but when i get a wedding invite, don't say i didn't tell you so." he humored.

i slapped his chest, shaking my head and laughing to his joke.

"fucker."

ashton.

i am many things, but i'm not dumb.

calum had feelings for alexa, and everyone could see. there is nothing wrong with it either.

as long as he makes her happy, then it makes me happy. happiness is all i really care about.

but really, it's not my choice or behalf to say what i think. it's luke's say.

he's her legal guardian and big brother.

"ash?" michael put a hand on my shoulder, causing me to stop thinking.

"yep?"

"you okay bud?" he studies my face.

"yeah. i'm just tired is all."

he frowned, handing me his coffee. "take a sip, i put double shots of expresso!"