WHEN I WAKE UP IN A HAZE <

third person.

as much as alexa didn't want to admit it to herself, because she felt guilty, she was missing her time and home in australia a lot more than she was supposed to.

no, don't get her wrong, of course she loved being in los angelos and with luke. she loved being with her twenty three year old brother.

she obviously hung out with him a lot because she had to. her plan was never grow attached, but she was.

meanwhile luke was loving the time he was spending with his seventeen year old sister. he was getting deja vu from the spent time together.

luke.
one week later.

jack ruffled our little sisters hair, receiving a whine from her. he chuckled and pulled her in for one last tight hug.

"i'll miss you, alex." he mumbled into her hair.

"yeah yeah, i'll miss you too." alexa laughed into his chest, hugging him as tight as she could. i could've swore i heard a sniffle.

after approximately thirty seconds, she pulled away from jack and smiled up to him. she moved to the side and was face-to-face with celeste.

i started to become impatient.

"i love you, okay?" celeste said, a tear fell from her eyes. she cupped alexa's face before pulling her in for a tight hug. "continue sending me photos of everything you do, okay?"

alexa mumbled a 'of course' before pulling away and celeste wiping her tears.

luckily the time to say our final goodbyes. we all gathered into the car after saying goodbye to the group of our families. jack and celeste waved as we pulled away from the home.

alexa sat next to me, silent as one of her airpods sat in her ear.

"thank you." alexa said, gaining my attention. she said it quiet enough so only i heard. "you know, for making my life better."

a grin covered her face after she made eye contact with me. my heart melted as the words spilled from her mouth.

"my only goal is to make your life better."

alexa.

i'm gonna let you in on a little secret, okay? i had a giant crush on calum when i was younger. yep. thee calum. but don't say anything, alright?

i mean, it was when i was seven to nine but it was gigantic. surprise!

anyways, i rested my head on calums shoulder in silence about twenty minutes into the hour drive to the airport.

suddenly he pulled out his airpods, handing me on in the process. i happily accepted and put it into my left ear.

"do you enjoy taylor swift?" he asked, looking down at me. i gave him a dumbfounded look, nodding immediately and him responding with playing the very last night.

i watched as his eyes stared into the abyss in front of him. his eyes gaining eye bags. "tired?"

"a little." he exhaled to me, adding a small chuckle to his words. "are you?"

"no. it's more that i'm sad than i'm tired. i miss home, but its better if i stay home with luke. it's just safer."

his eyebrows furrowed. he responded with a weird look and a nod, no words coming from his mouth.