> WE'RE BURNING <

alexa.

i fluttered my eyes open to a loud groan along with a hushed conversation. i suddenly didn't know where i was.

i shoot up, turning my head in every direction of the bedroom until i see and hear the sounds from the bathroom, the door cracked so the littlest of light comes out.

"i told you that you shouldn't drink that much anymore." sierra soft, but strict voice was heard from the bathroom.

i swing my legs from under the blankets, and walk over to the bathroom— swinging it open.

instant regret.

luke's dry heaving over the toilet, and i forget that i am vomit sensitive.

"hey, alexa." sierra spoke, making lukes head snap to me.

"hey." i mumble, "i'm leaving before i throw up too." i scrunch up my nose, and rushing out of the room, hearing luke speak.

"she's vomit sensitive, too."

i sigh, opening the door to the guest room and walking to my suitcase, grabbing some comfortable but light clothes.

i grab random shorts and an oversized t-shirt that had the word london in bold and uppercase.

i go into the bathroom, put some toothpaste onto my toothbrush and continue to brush my teeth.

i grab my hair brush, and brush out my wavy hair and put it into two normal braids. i start to put on some mascara when i hear a knock.

i squint, since my glasses or contacts weren't in and turn to see a very, very pale looking luke.

"hey." he smiles, looking at me doing my morning routine.

"heya," i say back, turning to put my mascara back into the case, having decided to put my contacts in. "what'd you need?"

"to apologize." i sigh, putting in my first contact and blinking a couple times.

"i'm busy, luke." i murmur, but he obviously doesn't hear and continues talking.

"i'm sorry for yelling at you last night. it was out of line, and shouldn't have happened."

i decide to get it over with, and accept his apologies. "it's fine luke. i forgive you,"

and luckily, he leaves after thanking me for accepting his apology.

i put in my last contact, blinking to get it set and straight and walk to my bedside table, grabbing my phone and seeing messages.

dad
im sorry

mom
what did he say to you??

hayhay
missing you!! isaac just took a shot,
thinking of u

jackie
we miss your annoying voice

"what's dad sorry about, and who said what to you?" a voice behind me asks.

i jump, spin around and gasp at the face of my older brother.

fucking twat, i thought he left.

"what the fuck luke— nothing, good god." i slam the phone into my chest, so he doesn't see the rest of it. "ever heard of fucking privacy?"

he just stands there, until i feel big arms wrap around me and he pulls me into a hug. "i'm sorry."

"for what?" i dead say.

"everything."