IT AINT NOTHING NEW

alexa.
six am.

i woke up to the sun blinding me immediately, and also feeling a bunch of pain hit me all at once.

"sweetheart?"

i blinked a couple times before registering where i was. i felt a hand on my own.

i ignore whoever called me sweetheart, looking around the bright hospital room. how and when did i get here?

"darling, can you hear me?" a soft voice spoke, making me turn to see a blurry face. i blinked a couple times before realizing it was calum.

his cheeks were stain with tears and his eyes were bloodshot, he had a couple tears falling already.

"w-what? calum-" i spoke, my voice raspy as fuck.

"shhhh. . ." he whispered softly, squeezing my hand tightly. "don't speak. i'm gonna go get a doctor."

he rushed out as fast as he could. he came back with two doctors a couple minutes later.

"hi alexa, my name is doctor richards." she said, picking up a clipboard. "i realize you're probably super confused-"

i cut her off as soon as i felt it.

"i'm going to puke-"

calum quickly grabbed the trash can and held it in front of me. i immediately started throwing up into it.

"it's okay, let it all out." calum whispered softly.

as soon as i had stopped and was just dry heaving at this point, he pulled it away and winced at the trash can.

"that is just the drugs leaving her system." the doctor told us. i knew that i had been drugged a couple times but i didn't realize this much.

"oh." i mumbled, wiping my lips.

"okay so we're gonna keep you another night or two, run some blood tests and help you walk soon and if everything goes good, you can go home."

i nodded solidly, as did calum.

"okay, i'll be back later to help you with some stuff but for now, enjoy your family time." she sent us both a bright smile.

as soon as she left, and we were alone, calum sat in front of me with teary eyes.

"what's wrong-"

"angel, im so so sorry." he spoke, a soft sob leaving his lips. "i should have stayed, maybe then this wouldn't have happened- im so sorry-"

"oh love," i frowned, grabbing his hand. "who knows what those people couldve done to you if you were there. it was too dangerous."

"but-"

i quickly cut him off. "but nothing."

calum
two days later.

she played with her fingers, twirling her rings around her fingers and fidgeting.

i put my hand on her knee gently, making her look at me with a little smile.

"we're almost home." i tell her. "hey baby?"

"yes?"

"the girls cleaned your house fully, restocked your fridge since some of the stuff went bad. i took the rest of the week off so i could help you. this week, we can get everything back including your credit cards."

"cal you didn't have to take this week off." she told me softly.

"i wanted to." i smiled at her. we pulled into her driveway, and opened her garage and i parked next to her car.

"i'll be staying in the guest room, okay?" i told her, getting out as she did too. "to make you feel safer."

"i'd like that."

i got out of the car fully and rushed over to her and grabbed her hand to help her towards the house door.

"let me grab my phone and your bags okay? stay here." i tell her.

she nods and i go back to my car, closing the garage door and grabbing everything by hand. she helps me by opening the door to her home.

"okay, let's get everything settled. why don't you go change?" i hum. "once you're done, i wanna talk."