SUCH A LONELY HEART <

alexa.

it was a nice day to be in luke's house, alone.

i put my lips into a fine line, pushing up my glasses on my sunburnt face. today was grocery day.

which meant that just a couple hours ago, i wrote down a list of food items for sierra and luke so they could go shopping for groceries.

they would be gone for a while, so i decided to take an advantage of my alone time.

i got up off of the guest room bed and walked down the noisy stairs, connecting my phone to the house speaker and started listening to music.

"people like you always want back the love they gave away," i hummed softy, wiping down the counter. "and people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed."

my phone sat on the counter face up, and it lit up with an email from my school.

i clicked on the email, reading the heading and knowing it would be bad. chills went up my spine.

due to global circumstances, we gave extended the school lockdown until april 10th. sorry for the inconvenience.

australia school districts.

i squeeze my eyes shut, feeling a bubbling frustration come from what i just read. i stomped a little.

just as i was about to breakdown due to the stress of the lockdown, the front door bell rang. i froze.

i walk up to the door and peek through the peep hole, i say loud enough so the man could hear me. "who is it?"

"uh, hello. my name is andy, i'm here with my colleague sarah, we're here for luke hemmings?"