CAN I HAVE A SECOND CHANCE? <

this chapter is really sad and it digs deep into alexa's trauma and her past.

a lot of trigger warnings, if you're triggered easily i highly recommend not reading.

third person.

alexa.

her name is hasic. she's met thirteen other alexa's, who all probably have the same nicknames as her.

her dad picked it out.

alexa hated her dad— no, she despises her dad. he did so much to her as she grew up that she doesn't dare talk about.

when the teenage girl was one a child, a little girl, she believed in everything. luke had drawn little pieces of paper, with lyrics written around the thin piece of white paper.

i've said this before, but luke and alexa were best sibling friends growing up until luke left home.

being the older brother he is, he was protective over her. he didn't let any harm go her way. if jack was mean to her, he would punch his older brother in the nose.

truth be told that was the main reason he was grounded.

but when luke left, everything changed.

when ben and jack left the house, it left their parents to pour all of the stress onto the timid little girl. she was only fourteen when they all left home.

her dad started drinking more often, occasionally telling her that she meant nothing to him and that she was merely a daughter he didn't want.

for any child, that crushes their heart.

alexa spend a lot of time wondering what it would be like if luke didn't leave, or if her parents were stable enough to raise her right.

she wasn't raised right.

she is currently ten month sober from getting shit face drunk each night. it was an accomplishment to her.

she would drink until she dropped to forget that her brother hated her and left her for a useless music job.

she stopped after her mom caught her and starting crying about how that would ruin the family name.

it didn't help.

fucking luke. alexa knew he was the reason she wasn't dead or overbeat from her family. she knew that.

alexa had grown accustomed to the love sierra and luke gave her, not to mention the others.

she fucking adored it. she felt so fucking loved and she knew the second she had to leave luke's house she would die.

when alexa was just freshly fifteen, so around twenty eighteen, luke had released youngblood and it played fucking everywhere.

she despised it. fuck.

anyways, after luke released it maybe a week or two after, she was sitting in her room and reading a book.

she was silent, she has her glasses on too.

two years earlier.
july second, twenty eighteen.

the young blond, just fifteen jumped as soon as she heard the yelling and door slamming down the stairs.

she immediately froze when she heard the foot steps. she felt like she was in a goddamn horror movie.

she had just read an article about how luke was talking about how much he loved his family. so she needed to cool off, and her dad certainly wasn't going to help.

she cringed as she saw the tall figure turn the corner and march towards alexa's room.

to her surprise, he grabbed her collar and lifted her up by it— her book falling from her grip and her eyes laced with so much fear.

yep, alexa and i lied she said that he only hit her once.

"your brother is in his early twenties, alexa!" he roared into her face, his spit flying. "and he is a millionaire; his song is going fucking viral!"

alexa shook. she didn't say anything, she didn't dare to say anything.

"how come all your brothers are fuckinf successful and you cant even pass your maths final!" he screamed.

she tried to find the words to say, but they didn't come out. she spluttered. "i—"

"i— i— what are you trying to say? you're absolutely fucking stupid," he set go of her collar, causing the small teenager to fall to the ground. "get out of my sight."

and she left.

she left and didn't come back for a week. she stayed at jacks, lying to him and saying the leg bruises came from her learning to skateboard.

she thinks about that night every single day, because that night she nearly overdosed.

alexa georgia hemmings didn't want to live anymore.

she didn't want the disappointed glances from her parents anymore. she didn't want the famous brother anymore. she didn't want to he hit every night anymore. she didn't want to find comfort in alcohol anymore. she didn't want her family anymore.

alexa wanted to die.