Chapter 13

AFTER 3 DAYS

NEWSFLASH: Lawsuits against the Kim Hospital.

"An unknown person has filed lawsuits against Kim Hospital. According to an insider, the Doctors of the prestigious hospital accepts a bribe just to purchase the low-quality medicines. It also said that the doctors allow their interns to operate on their behalf. Different organizations in the medical field are now enraged and are demanding an explanation from Kim management."

Third Person's POV

Jisoo was at her office attentively watch the news. At the same time, her secretary keeps on answering the telephone that keeps on ringing because of the reporters that want to get a statement from Jisoo regarding the issue that the Kim Family is currently into.

She was still thinking about how to address this issue when Dahyun came in.

"Unnie! They are starting, but why do they have to make those false accusations towards the hospitals?! The board is pressuring Taehyung Oppa regarding this issue and me. It's not my mistake, but why do we have to undergo this?!" Dahyun yelled at Jisoo and started to cried.

Dahyun was so frustrated since the news broke. Her phone keeps on ringing due to reporters asking for her opinion on this. The pressure from the board did not help. For Dahyun, the hospital is her everything. It is her dream to be a doctor, to serve the people, and to be able to help in making their hospitals number one in the medical field, but now it frustrates her that just because of one mistake, years of hard work might vanish.

Jisoo got shocked because, among them, Dahyun is the one who always smiles no matter what. But now she can see that her mistake is affecting the younger.

She stood up and hugged Dahyun.

"Mianhae Dahyun-a, if my mistake hurts you this much. Don't worry, unnie will take care of it, arraseo?" she said, which earns a nod from Dahyun. "Now smile, ok, dubu? :) and go back to the hospital and take care of your patients. Tell Oppa that I will take care of it."

Dahyun obeys what her Unnie said.

"Mr. Lee, please call the legal team and Jihyo. Tell them we will have a meeting in an hour."

AT THE MEETING/POV of Jisoo

"Jisoo, we already check all the facts and the documents that have been submitted to the court regarding the Kim Hospital. It seems like they were prepared for this. They made sure that every issue will have corresponding evidence." Atty. Wendy said

"So what are you saying Unnie?" Jisoo asked; she often addresses the lawyer as Unnie since they are close.

"What I mean is that we can still fight in this but--" Atty. Wendy is hesitant to continue.

"But?"

"But I have heard from a friend of mine; there are about 30 other lawsuits that will be filed against your family in the upcoming weeks. If these happen our legal team might be disorganized into what case they will focus on." She explained to me.

"Then what if we hire more lawyers so that we can have more manpower in handling it?"

"It might be a good idea, but we should also think of the effect of these to your company." Atty. wendy said

"I already gather my team, and we project the possible effects of these on us." Jihyo the head of the strategic plan of the Kim corporation. "This will surely affect us big time Ms. Jisoo. The three business lines of the company will be affected. It might result in a sudden low into our stock price and investors might pull out which would push us to cut some employees." she further explains.

Jisoo was still standing beside the window while watching the view.

(It was just one mistake. A one night of pleasure and now it will cost this much?) Jisoo thought angrily.

"Jisoo, are you still listening?" Atty. Wendy asked as the CEO became silent.

"Nae unnie." she replied, "So do both of you have any suggestion into how to handle this problem?"

The two girls exchange their glances before answering.

"I heard from your grandfather how this issue started." Atty. Wendy started, "Why don't you reconsider their offer Jisooyah?" she said in a calmer voice as possible

"We need to extinguish first the starting point of the issue so that it will not cause further damage to our property Jisooyah." Jihyo also said

I became silent about the advice that my two good friends gave me.

After a few minutes of silence, they decided to bid their goodbyes

"We will go ahead, Jisooyah. Just call us if you have made your decision on how we will handle this." Atty. Wendy said, and I just nod

(It was just the first blow, but they already did huge damage. Now what will I do to handle this bush fire that I made?)

THE NEXT MORNING/ POV of Jisoo

I was shocked when my secretary rushes inside of my office.

"Ms. Kim, I think you should watch this," he said and turned on the television in my office.

NEWSFLASH: A change of CEO of KIM COMPANY?

The Chairman of the Kim Corporation was asked about the response regarding the issue that his company is facing. "If this issue will continue and my granddaughter Jisoo which is the current CEO, can't handle it, I might propose a change in the CEO position."

The business world is surprised by the sudden comment by the head of the Kim Family. Rumors are circulating that the current COO Park Chanyeol might be the replacement of Lady Kim.

"Jinjja(Really)?! That old hag is putting more gas into the fire! arhhgggg!" I shouted in frustration.

I get my phone and called someone.

"YAH KIM JENNIE! Call Rosé and tell her we need to talk!" I demanded to Jennie since I don't have a number of that girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading :)