Chapter 17

POV of Rosé

It has been a month since the engagement party happened and now I'm so busy preparing for the wedding. Jisoo was supposed to help me with this, but after the party, she never contacted me, and I didn't have the guts to reach out to her either. I asked Jennie about her cousin, and she said that Jisoo was so busy in the company because they are planning to expand and are still trying to gain the trust back of their people again. I'm just trying to understand her situation; besides, her mother and Jennie were helping me alongside my mother.

Today I'm going to meet with the wedding coordinator for the final approval of the flowers and wedding cake. After the meeting with the wedding coordinator, I went to Jeongyeon's restaurant for food testing. I'm just happy that Jisoo agreed with me to have a garden wedding at one of their hotels in Jeju. But knowing a little bit about her, I think she just said yes because she doesn't care at all.

I was eating breakfast with my family when someone suddenly arrived.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Lisa greeted brightly to us.

"Oh, Lisa! It was good to see you, my dear." My mom stands up to hug her while I just continue eating. My sister and father also greeted her.

"YAH! PARK CHAEYOUNG! You will ignore me just because of your food?!" she said

"Of course!" I said without emotion and enjoyed my food

"YAH! I'M HURT!" she acted as if she was hurt which earns a laugh from my family

"SHUT UP, Lis! Just sit down and eat!" I grab her arm so that she can sit beside me.

"Btw, why are you here? Don't you have work?" I asked since it's so unlikely for Lisa to be not in her office on even though it's Friday.

"I took a day off," she said while eating.

"YOU TOOK A DAY OFF?!" I said surprisingly

"YAH! Am I not allowed to have it? I also got tired." she said, defending herself.

"It's just so unlikely of you to take a day off," I said then focus again on my food.

"Lisa, since you are on a day off, can you accompany Rose to meet with the wedding coordinator today?" my mom asked.

"I thought you're going to accompany me, Eomma(mom)?"

"I'm sorry dear, an emergency came up in the foundation, so they need me there." She explained.

"Wae? Where is Jisoo Unnie? She won't accompany you?" Lisa asked.

"That bastard! After the engagement party, she never showed her face to my daughter. She did not even show any interest in helping with the wedding preparation. Why did she accepted my offer when she doesn't even want to commit?" my dad said angrily.