Chapter 31

POV of Jisoo

"Ouch!" I hissed and shook my hand continuously as if the pain of the burned part would disappear. "Aisshhhh!"

"Hey, are you okay?" Rosé asked as she went near me.

When she saw how red my palm was, she abruptly grabbed my hand.

"OHMYGHAD! What happened?" She asked as she checked my hand. Rosé's eyes landed on the burnt egg on the pan. "Why did you cook? You know you don't have any talent for cooking. Aishhh! Sit in there, I'll just get the medicine kit."

I pouted when she scolded me and dragged myself to sit on the stool.

"I just want to cook breakfast for you, but it didn't go well even though I followed the instructions here," I said and raised my phone using my other hand to show to her the website that I read.

She came back with the kit, and she has a calm aura now.

"Jisooyah, you don't have to do that, you know I love cooking for both of us." She said and grabbed my hand to put some cream on the burn area. "Does this hurt?"

Rosé asked, referring to her way of applying the cream, and I just shook my head.

"It's just okay."

After Rosé made sure that she applied enough cream, she started to put all she used back to its place.

"I'm sorry, sooyah, but I don't think we can eat these, they are all burnt." She said as she scans the food, trying to see if we can eat something from what I've cooked. "I'll just cook again, we still have a lot of time before we go to work."

Rosé started preparing another set of ingredients, but I held her hand. "What?"

"I want to learn how to cook,"

"Why? As far as I can remember, you hate being near the in the kitchen." Rosé said while raising her one brow, trying to know my real reason.

"I just want to be ready," I said as I helped her with the ingredients. "I want to be ready in case you wanted to have a baby. I can't let you cook all the time for us, I also want to do my part." I said with a smile to her.

"But that's not yet happening anytime soon, Jisooyah," Rosé said.

I paused from what she said, and I suddenly felt sad about it.

(It's okay, Jisooyah, you told her you would wait. It will eventually happen, but just not now.)

I tried to hide my sadness with her statement by showing her a smile.

"Still, I want to learn."

"Fine! I'll teach you, but not now, we will be late if we do some cooking lessons now, so just observe." Rosé said.

After breakfast, we headed to our work. I drove Rosé to her agency because, according to her, she has a meeting and a practice the whole day. I then drove to the company since we have many things to do in the upcoming month.

AT THE BOARDROOM

"This is the marketing strategy that my team and I came up with for the whole company," Jennie said as she finished her presentation.

Jennie is the head of the overall marketing department of the whole Kim corporation. Our meeting today is just attended by my cousins (Dahyun, Jennie, and Taehyung) and selected  officials in our company.