Chapter 16

POV of ROSÉ

All of us in the dining hall was shocked when Jisoo said those words last night. I felt something weird when I heard it, and my heart beats faster than usual.

After Jisoo said those words, we panicked because she passed out maybe due to exhaustion. My mother immediately called our family doctor that night, and she decided to let Jisoo stay at one of our guest rooms. I did not get a chance to talk to Jisoo after she accepted the offer because when I woke up, she already left.

On the other hand, the head of our families immediately made a meeting to discuss the engagement announcement, and they let Jisoo and I handle the wedding preparation with the help of our mothers. Even though I have doubts that Jisoo will be contributing to the wedding preparations, I still went on with it.

AT THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY/ POV of ROSÉ

The engagement party was so grand and lots of reporters can be seen everywhere as well as the employees of Park law firm and Kim Corporation. All of the known business and entertainment personalities attended, but no one knows what this party is about. Our families wanted to surprise the whole industry regarding this news. It is the first time that Jisoo and I will see each other after that night where she barged in during our family dinner to convey her acceptance of the engagement.

During the preparation of this of the engagement party, I tried to participate, hoping that Jisoo would be there, and we can talk regarding this whole situation, but to my dismay, she never went, not even once. Her father said that Jisoo was so busy in the company, especially after the issues about their businesses was released, so she needs to find new investors to gain the trust of the board again.

"Good evening, everyone.  Are you all excited for tonight? I know all of you are curious as to what this party was all about. So without further ado, let me call on Mr. Kim of Kim Corporation and Mr. Park of Park law firm to welcome us this evening." I heard the MC said

I was still in a room behind the stage, but I didn't even see Jisoo, which I think is in another room.

"Good evening, Everyone. These past few months, different issues bombarded our family, which tested the management and those who are loyal to us. But with the help of everyone and their loyalty, we were able to surpass those problems. I would also like to give credit to the Park Family for helping us to address those matters. But hey, this night is not about what happened the past." Mr. Kim said while slapping his head, which earns a laugh at the crowd.

"I thought you are just going to reminisce all night, my friend." my father teased to Mr. Kim. "As my friend said here, this night is not about the past but to a new beginning, a night that will bring my family and the Kim family as one. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Kim and I would like to announce the engagement of my daughter, Park Chayeoung, and the CEO of Kim Corporation, Kim Jisoo. Let us all welcome them." my father said

As my father drop the engagement to the public, I saw Jisoo came to me and offered her hand.

"Let's go?" she said in a serious tone without even smiling.

(can she at least smile?) I frowned

When we enter the hall, Jisoo immediately flashes her smile

When we enter the hall, Jisoo immediately flashes her smile. (Tsk! how annoying that smile of hers) but I just also smile at the crowd.

When we reach the stage, they gave us the mic, a sign that that the mini-press conference will start.

"Good evening everyone, Me and Rosé would like to thank you for coming and celebrating with us this night." she greeted everyone first, and I just smiled.

"Ms. Kim is it true that you only propose to Rosé because her family threatens you?" the first reporter asked.

(HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT?) I thought and immediately glanced Jisoo with a worried look. I think she felt my stares, so she turns to me and just gives me a small smile. (It's a fake smile)

"No, that is not true. I have feelings towards Rosé; that is why a proposed to her," Jisoo answered with a fake smile.

"Ms. Park, the public has known that you have no dating rumors except the recent one wherein someone has seen you were going out of the house of Ms. Kim. It does not make sense at all for you to engage with just that one dating rumor. please explain this to us." another reporter ask

"Jisoo and I had seen each other way before those pictures were out of the public. We just decided not to tell, but since the dating rumors have already leak, we think that there is nothing more to hide." I said in a composed way, but I am so nervous already.

"Ms. Park, what can you say to those dating scandals of Ms. Kim in the past months?"

(What do you expect me to say about it when we don't know each other back then?!) I felt Jisoo stared at me while also waiting for my answer.

"Those are only false rumors about her, and does she confirm those? No, right? So I don't give a damn about those rumors, and I trust her love for me." I said with a smile

"Ok, everyone. We will only accept the last two questions to be able to allow the couple to mingle with their families and friends tonight." The MC reminded the reporters.

"Ms. Park, what made you fall in love and said yes to Ms. Kim?"

(SHIT! I'M NOT PREPARED FOR THIS KIND OF QUESTION! WHAT SHOULD I SAY? THINK ROSIE THINK!) I was mentally panicking when I felt someone grab my hand on the table, and when I check who is that person, it was Jisoo. When I stared at her, she just smiled, and nod, it seems like she's giving reassuring stares to tell me that there is no wrong or right answer in this kind of question.

"Her smile. That smiles that makes my day brighten no matter how bad it is. That smiles, which gives me the strength to hold on. That is why I said yes." I stared at her, said it sincerely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Annyeong! My online review will start on Monday :( I'll still update on Monday and Friday but I'll say sorry in advance because I might also forget to update on those days when the review starts. 😅

SUPPORT BLACKPINK ALWAYS 🖤💗 JenChuLiChaeng ❤️

Thank you for reading :)